3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rhino, Line-X or Scorpion Spray-in Liner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino, Line-X or Scorpion Spray-in Liner?

Ok, so which one should I be getting? They all claim to be the best. Are there any main differences?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:15 PM
aeils
Default RE: Rhino, Line-X or Scorpion Spray-in Liner?

i have line-x in my truck, and love it. i can only speak of line-x and rhino because i haven't heard of scorpion, line-x has a gritty sand like texture to it compaired to rhino which is a smooth finnish. i have also heard that rhino will take any abuse that you can throw at it. line-x thends to scratch a bit easier but if you damage it they will fix it for free for life. but whatever way you go a spray on is a good adition.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Redram05baby

All I have Heard Around Is The Line-x Is The Way To Go.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:33 PM
mmstar23
Champion

whats better spray on or a bed liner?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:40 PM
APPI
Rookie

Spray on is better as water can gather under the drop ins

Old 02-09-2008, 10:52 PM
smokinjoe
Rookie

ORIGINAL: mmstar23

whats better spray on or a bed liner?
it depends on your applications, the drop in's can disperse weight better, as in if your throwing in a couple hundred lbs that literally get thrown in, the drop in's take the abuse better, but the also tend to rub the bed alot, stripping paint and leading to alot of rust by retaining moisture between the linerand the bed. personally i don't haul a whole lot, just my bike sometimes and the occasional couch or furniture so for me the drop in is worthless, i prefered the spray in, i had rhino in my last truck and thought it was good, faded pretty easily though, and the finish didn't feel very abrasive, i have line-x in the dodge and love it, i have never heard of scorpion, but between the other 2 i would go with line-x any day, warrenties are the same, price might be alittle different but probably not by much. that's my .02

Old 02-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Redram05baby

My Exp. With Drop Ins - Is That They Are Normally Made out of Plastic = A Lot of Smooth Surface, Things Tend To Slide. I Went Simply With A Bed Mat - That Way I Can Take It Out on A Sunny Day And Let The Moisture Dry Up. My Rationality With The Bed Mat - When I Sell My Truck I Will Spray In A Bed Liner, If You Look on KBB It Tends To Add Value + With A Fresh Liner It Will Create A Good Curb Appeal.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:46 AM
ProudDaddy

Have you tried looking at Speedliner? Their standard thickness from day one has always been 1/8" and that's because their tensile strength is so high (4800 psi) compared to Scorpion's 2200 psi and Rhino and Line X's at 2000 psi. Speedliner puts 4 gallons of material in a 6 ft bed where Scorpion tells their installers to put only 2 sometimes 3 to keep cost down. Strength means performance in my book IMO.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:32 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Line-X

Old 05-29-2008, 07:39 PM
andrew64

I just put Rhino in my. Its about 1 month old so very new. i also have heard great things about both of them and they both offer Life time warrentys. So I went with who ever gave me the better deal and Rhino won. I figured that hell if the liner goes bad,rips or anything else then they have to fix it.

Quick Reply: Rhino, Line-X or Scorpion Spray-in Liner?