3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

brakes and tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:27 AM
jj90jj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes and tires

I am going past 35k miles now (2004 Ram 1500) and was looking into changing my brakes....just the slightest hint of trouble now,know dodge brakes are notorious. I would like to hear who has had good results with their new brake setup and what brands, styles you used.

Also, its almost time to get new tires and was wondering who seemed to get best performance/durability/value from their new tires. i have heard some stories about a few brands and would like to hear both good and bad.

Thanks in advance

bump

Old 02-21-2008, 01:09 AM
lsman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: brakes and tires

well first, your will want to check your brakes. dont just pad swap them. chrysler brakes are prob the worst. Mic your rotors. if your feeling a pulsating when stopping, your rotors are warped. it might be possible to turn them, which means evening out the rotor surface, but i would recommend replacing them. For some reason they made all their brake products really really crappy. usually it is not advised to do pad swaps, because later on down the road your calipers could have problems. so if possible, replace the calipers too. as for products, Raybestos is really good. prob the best all around. Not too expensive, but really really good quality.

as for tires, depends on what size. also what kindof tread design are you looking for?? Mud Terrain? Highway? All terrain? If you have the 1500 wit the 20's, its all about personal preference. For 20s i would recommened Toyo S/T's or Hankook Ventus. Those are more for all street driving. If you wanted a more all terrain type, go wit Toyo A/t's OR if you wanted the highway tread, go wit the Toyo H/T.

Quick Reply: brakes and tires