3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front end shake over bumps

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Power wagons have a TSB for tires as well....Here is the master link to TSB issues.......http://dodgeram.info/tsb/index.html

Old 01-18-2009, 12:22 PM
condon66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crunnlaw1
My trucks shaking doesn't have any thing to do with hitting bumps, it just shakes really bad when I get over pretty much 35mph. I cannot figure out what it is, and im getting so many different possible reasons, i would like to have a pinpoint answer. Does anybody have the answer?
Nobody can tell you "pinpoint" what is wrong. It could be lots of things or a combination of things. Tires, tie rods, ball joints, bushings, bad steering components, etc., etc. You just have to try to figure it out yourself or through a trusted mechanic. You just can't say what it IS without eliminating a number of things. Its not always easy either. Sometimes it can be very elusive and hard to figure out. Some people have checked and/or replaced all these things and STILL have problems.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 PM
draco8494
Captain

Originally Posted by ~RAM~
i have the same exaCT problem on my 2005 ram 2wd, except my vibrates on bumps at a slow mph also, ive taken it to suspension shops, got it aligned bought new tires etc, an it still happens, also at about 65-70 mph the truck vibrates like the tire balance or alignment is off, but have dont both numerous times.. i would like some info also..
i dunno if this will help but my 2500 4x4 vibrates over 70 like a tire is out of balance or something, but its my front drive shaft..its out of balance..lol, maybe go to a shop and have them balance your rear drive shaft.. and see if this helps

Old 07-21-2009, 03:20 PM
mojoguy

Originally Posted by thekidnotakid
I have an 05 power wagon (2500 series 4x4) I just had the entire front steering link system replaced (all tie rods including a new beeferier steering dampener) My truck shakes uncontrolably when I hit a bump on the right side at speeds over 60 MPH. It is very scarry. The truck jumps and shakes the living hell outa me until I drop back down to about 40. I can then bring it back up to speed and continue on untill I hit another bump. I don't think your problem lies in the tie rods. I will keep you informed when I find out what the problem is.
Hello all, a noob here.

My 04 2500 4x4 does this. It has 85k and at hwy speeds ( 70-80mph ) it bounces violently when the front end hits hard bumps. And like above I can back off the speed and it settles down. I have viewed several threads and reading opinions and ideas. I just replaced my shocks, steering dampener and had tires balanced and it still bounces/shakes like hell.

This post above descibes the problem as I have. Does anyone have a solution ?

Old 07-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Joe98

my 08 power wagon also does the same thing, im hoping its just the steering damper and looking to replace. just glad to and not so glad that im not the only one with this problem

Quick Reply: Front end shake over bumps