3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Freakin OUT NEW OWNER Please Helpp

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 03:10 AM
stratusguy02
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Freakin OUT NEW OWNER Please Helpp

ORIGINAL: MikeHTally

ORIGINAL: 94sleeperz

First off i would like to say thanks to everybody, I am apart of another forum and it seemed like I had to bump it 8 times before anybody would help. Update on the truck, i went home, started right up with no problems. I drove it around all night last night and today no problems. So we will see. I am hoping it was bad gas from when it was on the lot or something. Thanks again

Cody
Sounds like you're on the right track... When I bought my Gen 2 Ram, it was completely without ANY warranty (repo straight off the auction lot). Within four miles, it was spittin' an' sputterin' BADLY. It barely made it to the first gas station on the route. I filled it up and it started fine. It balked a bit for the next hour or so andran fine after that. My guess was water in the gas from sitting on the auction lot for a month or so.
Theproblem about the gas sitting in the tank for long periods is, it looses its RVP. When this happens, the gas basically is useless. That is why guys use stabil in the gas they leave over long periods.

Also, if there is water in the tank you have to do something to get it out. By adding fuel and driving, that won't remove it. Once the water getsinto the pump, lights out. Especially since gas floats on top of the water in the tank. So if you have enough water in the tank for the pump to pick it up, you will be purchasing a new fuel pump and paying to purge your fuel system.

Quick Reply: Freakin OUT NEW OWNER Please Helpp