3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MPG W/ 4.56's

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:38 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: MPG W/ 4.56's

ORIGINAL: mmstar23

it wouldnt be on this truck, the next one that WILL be 4X4.

i probally wouldnt do it myself, bc i dont think i could do it, and how much are the parts?
Ballpark $225 rear gears, $250 fronts, $125master install kit, plus a few bucks for new fluids. Then you can expect to pay anywhere from $400-600 for the install from someone who's experienced. This is one you don't want to do yourself, it is to date the only mod on my truck that I have not done myself and unless I had an old weekend play truck to experiment on, I would not attempt to do gears.
Mine cost just over $1400 with the above and an Auburn Gear LSD installed at the same time, but I had to play a little Monty Hall to get all parts and labor for that price...

Old 02-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Redram05baby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MPG W/ 4.56's

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

ORIGINAL: mmstar23

it wouldnt be on this truck, the next one that WILL be 4X4.

i probally wouldnt do it myself, bc i dont think i could do it, and how much are the parts?
Ballpark $225 rear gears, $250 fronts, $125master install kit, plus a few bucks for new fluids. Then you can expect to pay anywhere from $400-600 for the install from someone who's experienced. This is one you don't want to do yourself, it is to date the only mod on my truck that I have not done myself and unless I had an old weekend play truck to experiment on, I would not attempt to do gears.
Mine cost just over $1400 with the above and an Auburn Gear LSD installed at the same time, but I had to play a little Monty Hall to get all parts and labor for that price...
The Front On IFS Is A Little More.. Involved. As Hammer Said, That Is The Only Thing i Paid Someone To Do, The Front That Is.

And In My Opinion It's Still A Scary Thing To Pay Someone To Do.

A: You Want A Warranty Of Some Sort With The Installer - It Is Very Time Consuming, and If They Cut Corners - They Will Have To Pay In The End.

B: Wouldn't Pay Joe Shmoe On The Corner, It Can Be A Catastrophic Failure If It Is Not Done Properly.

This Is A Mod Where It's Actually Logical To Pay Good Money To Have The Installation Done Right - W/ A Warranty.

Quick Reply: MPG W/ 4.56's