3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

console sub box???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 PM
FrankJames
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I built a sub box center console for my ram. Its almost 2.5 cf and houses an adire audio brahma 12, front firing sub, down firing slot port tuned to 32 hz. Running off about 600 watts.

Its not hard to build a box yourself if your the slightest bit crafty and have some way of calculating the proper int. volume for your driver, and the correct tuning (if ported). I used WinISD Pro to do the calcs on the port.

Wrapped it in vinyl so it matches my vinyl interior. Looks pretty good and sounds fantastic.

Last edited by FrankJames; 09-14-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:29 AM
cmwilley88

frank thats a nice setup man... mine is very much similar to that except the sub is downfiring only because we have a lot of stereo thefts in the area and the ports are out the back toward the rear passengers...oh ya and I also use WinISD PRO... very useful tool not to mention the fact that it is FREE! :-)

Old 08-10-2008, 01:05 AM
FrankJames

Originally Posted by cmwilley88
frank thats a nice setup man... mine is very much similar to that except the sub is downfiring only because we have a lot of stereo thefts in the area and the ports are out the back toward the rear passengers...oh ya and I also use WinISD PRO... very useful tool not to mention the fact that it is FREE! :-)
thanks. I heard a lot of good things about downfiring installs in trucks. Apparently thats the best way to attain what little cabin gain can be had in a truck. I dont have to worry about much theft in my little town where the population is 86% senior citizens

post a pic of yours, it sounds like you put some decent effort into it.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:51 AM
lyndonboyd
Default Buy Stealth Console Sub Enclosure Here

Hello , I have designed this stealth enclosure for my 03 Dodge Ram. I couldn't find one to blend in with the factory interior so I built one. It fits 02-08 Dodge Rams. It is built out of molded fiberglass and 3/4 MDF and coated with bedliner material for a rock hard shell. It comes with all hardware required and you use your factory middle seat cover so it blends perfectly.This Esoteric Ram enclosure is as stealthy as they come with a clever design that replaces the lower center cushion of the Ram's front seat with a sealed subwoofer enclosure. Your factory upholstery covers the box for a perfect factory look.

The forward location and down-firing design of this Esoteric enclosure deliver amazing "up-front" bass presence and stunning impact at a fraction of the price of similar enclosures.

Features:

* Made from molded fiberglass and 3/4 mdf.

* Armor coated with bedliner material.

* Uses factory seat cover and armrest with no changes to original equipment.

* Bolts in place with six 5/16 steel bolts in factory location.

* 8" mounting depth for sub gives you almost unlimited options.

* .85 cuft

* Lower price than similar enclosures.

* Get 12", 10" or 8" hole in you enclosure.

* Hand made in the USA with hand laid fiberglass.

Buy now for Only $150
BoydAudioDesign.com
Buy Here

Old 11-19-2009, 04:55 AM
lyndonboyd

Hello , I have designed this stealth enclosure for my 03 Dodge Ram. I couldn't find one to blend in with the factory interior so I built one. It fits 02-08 Dodge Rams. It is built out of molded fiberglass and 3/4 MDF and coated with bedliner material for a rock hard shell. It comes with all hardware required and you use your factory middle seat cover so it blends perfectly.This Esoteric Ram enclosure is as stealthy as they come with a clever design that replaces the lower center cushion of the Ram's front seat with a sealed subwoofer enclosure. Your factory upholstery covers the box for a perfect factory look.

The forward location and down-firing design of this Esoteric enclosure deliver amazing "up-front" bass presence and stunning impact at a fraction of the price of similar enclosures.

Features:

* Made from molded fiberglass and 3/4 mdf.

* Armor coated with bedliner material.

* Uses factory seat cover and armrest with no changes to original equipment.

* Bolts in place with six 5/16 steel bolts in factory location.

* 8" mounting depth for sub gives you almost unlimited options.

* .85 cuft

* Lower price than similar enclosures.

* Get 12", 10" or 8" hole in you enclosure.

* Hand made in the USA with hand laid fiberglass.
Buy now for Only $150
BoydAudioDesign.com
Buy Here

Old 11-19-2009, 06:45 AM
2006RAMHEMI1979
Professional

How much to ship on of those things to Canada?

Old 11-19-2009, 02:00 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I have one of the center console boxes, I had it in my old 98 and then fabbed it to fit in my 02 because I loved it so much, it sounds wonderful, I have one rockford fosgate 12" p3 in it and it sounds perfect imo.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Curiusgeorge
Rookie

Originally Posted by lyndonboyd
Hello , I have designed this stealth enclosure for my 03 Dodge Ram.
Dude, it looks nice, but are you really gonna drag up every old subwoofer box thread and spam it? Why not just make 1 new post and leave it at that?

Old 11-19-2009, 07:10 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I didnt even realize until you made that comment how old this post was haha.

Quick Reply: console sub box???