3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiring amp and subwoofers

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Brado34
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring amp and subwoofers

so i just picked up a box 2x kenwood shallow subs and a phoenix amp for my truck.
payed 500$ canadian for it all.
im not sure wether to wire it my self. or pay to have it done. buddie of mine works at a car audio place and says hel do it 70$. they charge 250 at his shop. would make more sence to do it my self and learn?? or just pay the 70 bucks. i hear it is hard work if you dont know what your doing. but i also have tinted my taillights my self. wired my deck and painted my headlight housing.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Jonhyboi
Veteran

it won't be to hard. you just need to find places to put your amp and the length of the wire your using.. But its not to bad. if you already wired your deck you should be able to wire your subs and amp.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

Yeah, If you can wire your deck the amp and subs should be no prob. Just basically mounting the subs, mounting the amp, run the power wire to the battery, leave the fuse out for now, then your REM wire to the deck and the sub wires to the deck then hook up the fuse and it should be good to go.. There is plenty of diagrams online that show how to hook up everything

Old 11-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Wow your friend is kind of a dick if he wont come off the clock and do your truck for you....

Wiring the sub isn't hard, you can do it yourself without much of a problem, I guarantee you. Don't pay anything for a job you can easily do yourself.

Just my 2 cents

Old 11-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

Thats the second thing I was thinking...I've put in 3 friends' systems and never charged them before, maybe a beer or too lol

Old 11-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by Freakinkeith806
Thats the second thing I was thinking...I've put in 3 friends' systems and never charged them before, maybe a beer or too lol
Haha exactly...It's not like it takes hours and hours to do, and even if it did I would be fine just chillin out w a buddy workin on his truck with him lol, but that's not the point haha

=\

Good luck buddy, like I said you can do this yourself pretty easily. It's a lot more simple than it looks

Old 11-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Brado34
Veteran

yeah thanks alot guys... i want to do it my self so i know for the future.
im gona put the subs under the rear seats.. i have to remove 2 bars that just attatch to the bracket on the seats. the box doesnt fit with it there.
im going to put the amp under the passenger seat..
does anyone happen to know the length of the wires and all that stuff.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Jonhyboi
Veteran

dont forget the pics!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Brado34
Veteran

does anyone have a step by step on how to do this wiring?
this will be my first time. and i have no clue what i am doing. ive been told i have to run it through the firewall to the battery. so if anyone has a step by step. or even pictures of what it looks like i will have a better idea.
i plan on buying this wiring kit here.
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...10106962&catid=#

Old 11-15-2009, 08:35 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can post up pics of how mines done tomorrow if you wanna wait that long but basically it goes like this powerwire goes from battery to fuse to amp(ran thru firewall behind mastercylinder theres a black diamond shaped pc of plastic drill thru it run power thru rtv it after done)...blue remote goes from head unit to amp and ground goes from amp to truck chassis or ground spot....rca fromm head unit to input on amp and speaker wires from amp to subs now you gotta figure out are they 2 ohms or 4 ohms and if your bridging.....make sure you hide all wires and run rca's away from power or youll have a whine in your subs sounds crappy but .......good luck lemme know if you need more help....

Quick Reply: Wiring amp and subwoofers