3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear Diff.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:40 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Rear Diff.

Ouch!!! But sadly, that's about the going rate at the stealership. If it's not possible to do it yourself, at least find yourself a good lube shop, most of the chain type places will do everything right down to tranny fluids, have certified techs and in most cases charge a fraction of what the stealerships charge.
I had back surgery about four years ago and for about six months after surgery I used a tire & service center where the guy had two places at each end of town where I worked. They did a full tune-up of the '00 Z71 I had at the time. Plugs, all fluids and gaskets, tranny, diffs & transfer case. I figured it would have cost me close to $150 to do it myself and they only charged me $285 so I gladly paid it. I have since had them do my tranny in the Dodge, since dropping the pan in the driveway is such a PIA, even though I'm now perfectly capable of doing it. I've gone back to doing everything else, but next time it's time for plugs, I'll take it there as well, because that's also a big PIA if you've never done it in a Hemi.
Big thing is, KEEP THE RECEIPTS, this way you won't have a problem if you ever need to take it to the dealer for warranty work...

Quick Reply: Rear Diff.