3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door sounds like it's going to blow off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:25 PM
paranoid1123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door sounds like it's going to blow off.

hey guys i love this site now i was just wondering if you'll could help me.

when im driving my 04 qc and there is a heavy cross wind if sounds like the opposite door is going to get sucked off, i.e. if I am traveling north and the wind is coming in from the west the the passenger side door sounds like is is being pulled off from the outside. The door is shut all the way and it don't move but it sounds like it is going to come off any second. any ideas? do you think dynamatting it would help? i've already changed the weather-stripping (oem for new oem).

Old 03-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Door sounds like it's going to blow off.

WELL------------- you could weld it shut and re-enact The Dukes of Hazard!!!

Try to picture your Wife/Girlfriend getting in like that-----
her>[sm=icon_beat.gif]<you!!!!

They do move around a lot in high winds. I doubt if you have any problems, but if you fel the need, run it by the dealership and have them check it out. As long as it latches good, you shouldn't have any problems

Old 03-03-2008, 06:51 PM
mmstar23
Champion

i think your name kinda says it all.....haha im just kidding. my driver door moves alittle bit, either that or the window... i have no idea how to fix it but it doesnt really bother me unless its dead quite and im doing like 95 on the highway with some wind lol. but i normally have the girlfriend talking to me or the radio on.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:57 PM
paranoid1123

well my doors don't move that much it's just really loud. even with the raido up and the flow-masters i was just wondering if someone else has had the same problem and what they have done to correct it?

Old 03-03-2008, 07:07 PM
stunta666
Rookie

i think i got the same problem mines an 06 and when im driving around town i can kinda hear the road but on the highway it sounds almost like my door is kinda open. im gonna take it in to the dealer because its kind od annoying.

Quick Reply: Door sounds like it's going to blow off.