3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Washing Products?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 PM
RAM0447
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Washing Products?

LOL yeah I know it man, it happens to me all the time now when I clean my truck because I never pay attention to news forecasts. Sucks! oh well, spring weather SHOULD be comming soon.....at least I hope so

Old 03-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Ben D.
Champion

meguairs is ok. but if you really wanna go to the extreme go with Zaino. www.zainostore.com there products are pricey but if you realize how much stuff u get u actually save money. if you get their ultimate kit 140.00 you get enough product to do a car 30 times. with zaino since it is a synthetic sealant. you only need to do the full process once or twice a year. inbetween you wash with their soap provided and spray detailers to keep it up in between the major applications. Sealants protect better last longer and look much better. since you only use most of the stuff twice a year really the one kit may last like 5-10 years depending on how you use it. I always am a bit generous in application so i may only get enough for 15 apps. either way it's a much better product than anything you get at autozone.

nice thing about sealants as well. they can be layered and give you more shine. because they are pure substances. waxes like meguairs are not pure caranuba wax. they have other cleaners and such in them. even gold class and nzxt not just the cleaner wax product from them. this means that when you apply a second layer you are actually taking off the layer of wax below it. so really ur just wasting your time. Some regular caranuba waxes can be layered like souveran but souveran (spelling may be wrong) is about 70-80 bucks for a 7 oz. can. and still isn't going to be as durable as zaino. since it is still a regular wax not sealant.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
RamItOne

besides rain is natures carwash... well as long as you dont go and find a lil mud in a field somewhere.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
RamItOne

hrm thought this was a truck forum??? my baby looks her best whens shes been gettin dirty

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=2
think ill fill up my tank instead

Old 03-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RAM0447

lol you guys are freaking nuts. I wash mine every week and paste/hand wax twice a month in the warmer weather. Inbetween other washes I always spray wax it. I like to baby my truck, plus the black looks amazing when it's clean. Gotta love a clean truck, but you gotta love a muddy one too..
The types of people that says, oh there's a speck of dirt on my TRUCK (notice I did not say display model or antique somehing or rather) I mush wash and wax it all over again. Who cares whether I just washed it earlier in the day but it needs to be washed again because of that offending speck of dirt. Those types of people who baby their truck are freaking nuts, IMHO.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Rot Weiss Essen
Professional

My truck gets dirty all week at work in the construction site, so I have to deal with that, but when the weekend comes you sure as hell can bet I am going to wash it, well unless it is pissin down rain all weekend which here in Seattle happens quite often. Still I do like to get her cleaned up and looking nice, otherwise where is my motivation to put more mods on it if the Ram is filthy all the time?

Old 03-07-2008, 11:57 PM
RAM0447
Professional

ORIGINAL: Pirata

ORIGINAL: RAM0447

lol you guys are freaking nuts. I wash mine every week and paste/hand wax twice a month in the warmer weather. Inbetween other washes I always spray wax it. I like to baby my truck, plus the black looks amazing when it's clean. Gotta love a clean truck, but you gotta love a muddy one too..
The types of people that says, oh there's a speck of dirt on my TRUCK (notice I did not say display model or antique somehing or rather) I mush wash and wax it all over again. Who cares whether I just washed it earlier in the day but it needs to be washed again because of that offending speck of dirt. Those types of people who baby their truck are freaking nuts, IMHO.
I'm not that **** now lol....I like to clean it once a week in the summer. If it gets dirty, then it gets dirty till the next wash. I've professionally detailed cars since I was 13, so I like to do it as a hobby especially since it is mine. Plus it's my first truck....had 2 cars before this. I realize it is a truck.....but it's black too! lol and girls are always touching the paint asking me how I get it "so slippery feeling" haha...

Old 03-08-2008, 12:12 AM
mmstar23
Champion

well to begin with...you can prevent scratches by not using plain ole towels and also not using those sponges or anything else they sell at the auto store. get some high quality 100% cotton towels from linens and things. also cut off the seams to prevent scratches. use the same for drying and polish. got this trick from my dad. for the regular ole wash use meguiars stuff. and try to psrya wax it in between washes. for high quality stuff use zaino's like someone else previously did. its some good sh*t.

Quick Reply: Washing Products?