3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The Dodge Ram white trash factor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 PM
whiteonrice
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Dodge Ram white trash factor?

While your out looking for a new Dodge pickup. Pickup a new girlfriend, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Once she figures out your going to listen to her on everything your going to be in for a long miserable ride.

Rick

Old 03-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. If the average person is paying $30k for a new Dodge Ram 1500, then the average person is gettin screwed.

2. As has been mentioned many times, rednecks drive old beat up trucks.

3. I drive a truck, as do 2 of the partners in the firm I work for, and they pull in an easy 250k/yr, and I wouldn't call them rednecks, just practical.

4. The worst part about living in Austin is the damn liberals. At least there aren't as many as in the Bay Area where I'm from, but still a few too many for my taste. I love revving the engine when in front of a Prius or other hybrid. The more gas I waste in front of them, the better I feel about myself. It's my job to support the economy.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:01 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is Oregon a hillbilly state?

How about Haiti?

The look of the 1994 through 2008 Rams
are modelled after the Kenworth T600 big truck.
Chrysler actually called the 1994 Ram
the 'T300' project by Bob Lutz and Lee Iacocca
as is was a half scale T600
more or less.

The T600 was the creation of Oregon native Larry Orr,
who is well worth remembering:
---------

Larry Orr, a trucking industry visionary and innovator, passed away on May 31 after a long courageous battle with cancer. He was 60. Larry is survived by his wife Carol and their children Bill, Cathy and Mary.
Orr had a distinguished 36-year career with Kenworth Truck Company and PACCAR. His love for engineering-for the creative process of designing new vehicles--never diminished.

He continued to work throughout his illness as Kenworth technology planning manager. Prior to that, he served in other key positions, including Kenworth's chief engineer, advanced concepts manager; engineering manager for new products, and PACCAR corporate director of research and development. His working career actually began in the air, not on the ground, however, as an air crewman--radar operator for the U.S. Navy. A legend in the trucking community for his creativity and innovation, Orr was best known for his leadership role in the development of the first truly aerodynamic Class 8 truck, the Kenworth T600A, introduced in 1985. Orr and his engineering and design team were awarded the U.S. Department of Transportation's National Award for the Advancement of Motor Vehicle Research and Development in 1995 in recognition of their achievement.
"Larry Orr was one of the most significant innovators in the trucking industry," said Ed Caudill, Kenworth general manager and PACCAR vice-president. "He revolutionized the industry by incorporating the use of aerodynamics into truck design and was the visionary behind the T600A. Larry made lasting contributions to Kenworth and PACCAR during his career. He will be greatly missed." Orr earned a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from Oregon State University in 1964 and was a long-time member of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). He received seven patents, including several for the T600A truck cab and an aerodynamic retarder. A popular writer and speaker, Orr also published numerous articles and technical papers on various trucking industry topics and often spoke at meetings and conferences.--------------
The look of the upcoming 2009 Ramis by Chrysler designer Ralph Gillesa native of Miami with Haitian roots:
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1134122/tm.htm

Old 03-07-2008, 11:32 AM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran

Tell her that you'll only buy the Dodge if she buys the gun rack and the dog box for the bed and you've got to get the General Lee horn too.

Hey I'm from upstate New York and the love of my life my "Southern Baptist Preachers daughter, my"Babalu" the Mrs., was born and bred in North Carolina, I feel in love with her accent as well as the rest of her for life, oh BTW my daughter was born in NC. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law and #'s of "Kin"live and breath redneck but they are the nicest most true to their up bringing people I know, if you’re a friend you’re a friend for life and they would be there in a heartbeat for you. Did she or will she let you take your twin appendages with you to the dealer? Seems she’s kind of superficial.

REAL trucks are for REAL people, buy the Dodge!!! Better yet get the 2500 with a Diesel!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Timmerduder
Veteran

Just don't let her in the front, she can ride in the back as long as she is on a leash right?

Old 03-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Cordoba man
Professional

Get it! She'll change her mind maybe when other girls say they love it and wish they could be in one

Old 03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
RamItOne

Better yet put her in the kennel box in the bed

Do you really want her to be the one picking your truck.
All that's gonna do is tell her (if she doesn't already know) that she wears the pants and the boots in the relationship.
God knows youll never pick the restaurant and youll be at your inlaws when the game is on.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Timmerduder
Veteran

yeah go Oregon.... hyuk hyuk hyuk

We otta get all us rednecks from round here on a Ram together

Old 03-07-2008, 05:54 PM
RailroadMan
Rookie

The girlfriends comments remind me of another idiot comment I hear - "Well you know what they say about guys with big trucks?"

I tell 'em yeah, they earn a good living and manage their money well...would you rather be riding in a clapped out '84 Honda Accord?

Old 03-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Az2500Cummins08

ORIGINAL: j54custom

I own a dodge and Im not white trash got a pic to prove it . See

[IMG]local://upfiles/81847/13772AA42669482C929469A2ECECF761.jpg[/IMG]
LMAO!!! Been there before! When I was a kid the septic busted and we had to do the bucket thing for a while. I tell you what that thin wall on a 5 gallon bucket will teach you to leave the magazines in the living room.

And what is wrong with bein a Redneck people?

Quick Reply: The Dodge Ram white trash factor?