3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Kooda
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bedliner

I wish the previous owner of my truck had installed a Bed Rug, when I removed the drop in bedliner that was installed when the truck was new, it had scratches all over the place where the thing rubbed. Bed Rug is the way to go....

Name:  IMG_0002-1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  101.0 KB

Old 03-08-2008, 01:59 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kooda

I wish the previous owner of my truck had installed a Bed Rug, when I removed the drop in bedliner that was installed when the truck was new, it had scratches all over the place where the thing rubbed. Bed Rug is the way to go....

What did you do to the top of your bed, like over the rail that was scratched up from the drop in liner?

Old 03-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Kooda
Rookie

Covered it with a tonneau...

Can't see any scratches now.

Name:  IMG_0049-1.jpg
Size:  98.1 KB

Old 03-08-2008, 02:32 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker

Man, the plastic liner on that other truck is in rough shape...

Old 03-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Kooda
Rookie

That's the one out of the 06...it isn't really in that bad of shape, it just doesn't fit in the 93.

I have the 93 Ram for sale, know anyone that wants one?

Name:  8-25-07014.jpg
Size:  142.2 KB

Old 03-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Bad thing about the drop-in's is that they rub...you'll get rub spots and the paint will be gone. No paint turns to rust over time...
That's not really going to be my problem since I've never owned a truck for more than 2 years. Maybe I'll own this one for three.... just maybe. And any guy who buys my trucks is screwed b/c I drive them really hard anyways, so the rust will probably be the least of his worries.

Bedrug wouldn't work for me. Today I hauled a ton and a half of crushed granite. Can't really shovel that out real easy with a bedrug. Tomorrow it will be a few cubic yards of mulch. Same thing, doesn't work too well with a bedrug. I like the semi-slipperiness of the drop-in b/c it's easy to shovel stuff out, then wash it out. The rhino liner and line-x are too rough and I've seen shovels go right through them.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:21 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Sobomaster

That's not really going to be my problem since I've never owned a truck for more than 2 years. Maybe I'll own this one for three.... just maybe. And any guy who buys my trucks is screwed b/c I drive them really hard anyways, so the rust will probably be the least of his worries.

Bedrug wouldn't work for me. Today I hauled a ton and a half of crushed granite. Can't really shovel that out real easy with a bedrug. Tomorrow it will be a few cubic yards of mulch. Same thing, doesn't work too well with a bedrug. I like the semi-slipperiness of the drop-in b/c it's easy to shovel stuff out, then wash it out. The rhino liner and line-x are too rough and I've seen shovels go right through them.
Haaha, yeaI hear ya on that....can't beat the price of a drop-in either. I'm sure someone somewhere has put padding under the drop-in....if anyone's done it what kind did you use?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:35 AM
phlytyer

So...does anyone have a balpark figure $ on a bedrug? I was gonna Line-X until I read this thread. Hmmm...stuff, stuff and more stuff.

Quick Reply: Bedliner