3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP! :( ***UPDATE*** smell lawsuit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:56 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP! :( installing speakers...

Those 120 point inspections are a joke,they're used more as a sells gimmick to make the customer feel better about their purchase. If you really want an inspection done then bring it to a independent mechanic...you'll have to pay for it but it'll be done right.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Heminator2
Rookie

I agree with Severdistortion. Those checks are gimmicks only. A good shade tree mechanice can find problems and give you a list of ticks.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:07 PM
RAM0447
Professional

So, they are installing a new clock spring, a new cd player (haha), putting new bulbs in, and I *think* putting a new guage cluster in since they said it might not be a bulb??? I'm like wtf, then how is it out...and the mechanics were even puzzled....is fixing the lighting on the cluster that complicated? Anyway, should have it back tomm. FREE of charge....and couldn't get a rental vehicle because I don't have full coverage on insurance and I'm not under 21 (which ill be in 3 months) ...what a bitch huh? Oh well, I'm just happy it's getting fixed and not payin a damn dime.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Az2500Cummins08

I say sue them. sounds like the Automax Dealership here in Killeen. In 2005 I test drove a 2003 Sonoma with 30k, and it is supposed to go through a 110 pt insp. Well, someone pulled out in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes, the Passanger seat turned out to be busted and the stealsman went into the windshield. He got a bloody lip, and I didnt want anything to do with that truck after that.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:02 PM
chadmech28
Professional

This horn issue sounds like the horn pad. I had one 04 ram do the same thing horn would go off on it's own. Replaced it never went off by itself again.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:25 PM
RAM0447
Professional

well they are replacing the clock spring..so I don't know what the issue is as they didn't either. Then I mentioned the clock spring and he was like, well, that is probably it. So then from just bringing that up, they are just replacing that. I think they are having fun with my truck because I heard it start up and sounded like they were revvin it and ****, shoulda waited to put the flowmasters on it. But I recorded mileage incase those ****ers tried to go on a joy ride.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:45 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You really got lucky. Not sure if you bought the truck with any warranty left on it, but if you bought it as is, then the dealer really didn't have to do anything for you. So in my eyes, you getting it repaired at no charge is great.

As for your electrical problems, the radio and the guage cluster works together with the computer. If either of them are going bad, then you can have all kinds of problems. This is most likely why they are changing them out. If the horn is still a problem, once you get it back, and everything else works, get TRAIN HORNS!!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Mayfairisafunnymfer
Rookie

Be sure to ask for the old clockspring back....you know how they'll get ya! also be sure to let us know how this turned out for you.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:27 AM
05 blk hemi

Ram 0477 sounds like you got the christine version of a ram. Good luck

Old 08-14-2008, 10:45 AM
okaymatt
Professional

No offense but you sound like a sue hungry piece of **** liberal. People mess up, at least give them (dealer) the light of the day to try to fix it, from the sounds of it they are being nice. So stop being a teenager and so eager to sue everything, people like you that get sue hungry are the reason's for our DAMN trucks getting so expensive because they have to have such a big law office for people like you!

Quick Reply: HELP! :( ***UPDATE*** smell lawsuit?