3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Frozen windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Traillblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frozen windows

This is the first winter I have owned my Ram. One of the only disappointments I have are the power windows freezing shut after gettinga little bit of ice. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?Thislast storm ishopefully the last of my problems butI am going to try some spray silicone on the weatherstripping.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:42 AM
VA4MEDS
Veteran
Default RE: Frozen windows

It should clear up after the heater is on for awhile.

You should move down here to Florida. I have never had frozen windows. LOL

Speed Safely,
AL

Old 03-09-2008, 10:54 AM
cr80renob
Captain

Surprisingly living in AZ I have had this problem! lol

But as VA4MEDS said, they unfroze in a few minutes with the heater blowing...

Old 03-09-2008, 01:02 PM
topcop38
Professional

i had this ame problem. i was a little surprised as the window was completely clear. after about 10 minutes it finally released.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:29 PM
chuck1252

Silicone spray will probably result in both a temporary bad smell and window streaking. Another option I found on the Internet is “to prevent your car's windows/mirrors from icing up by treating the windows before you go to bed each night. The window treatment can be made up of 3 parts vinegar to 1 part water and placed in a spray bottle which will prevent ice from forming.†I have never tried this as it’s always sunny in California LOL, I also wonder about the long term results of this spray on the window seals. The quick solutions if windows are already frozen are a can of De-Icer which can be bought at any auto parts store or some cool/warm water.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Traillblazer

heater works when its just below freezing, but we have had a lot of 0-20 degree days and the heater just doesnt do it. I am thinking rain-x on the sides might work as well. I used silicone before on my car, and you are right it does streak, but it does help. Also helped keep the doors from freezing shut. Thanks for the invite to Florida, but I need my seasons and I can't stand going places that doesnt have mountains or hills. I would go nuts.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:07 PM
RamItOne

hell last year when we had an ice storm my windows were forzen, theyd still roll down but id have a solid sheet of ice still in place. it was cool smashing my fist through, but then i had ice in my cab, oh well it was still cool, like being able to punch out your window without have to replace em.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:43 AM
low03

My windows freeze shut all the time. I am currently in Alaska and every time I was my truck in the winter my windows are frozen shut until the truck is warm for 20 - 30 minutes. My keylocks and my door itself freezes shut all the time too.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:26 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

happens to me all the time in all my cars. eh...oh well. my truck has manual windows...it's great

Quick Reply: Frozen windows