3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

this is disgusting...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:29 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: this is disgusting...

ORIGINAL: 2005cobrakiller
to be quite honest I think its hella cool.....just because some people prefer lifts.....some people like to low ride......if I lived in arizona or something best beleive id be slammed with titanium skid plates all around
but why a pickup?

---------------------------

and yes, i've seen eel girl. i'll look into pain olympics though...lol

Old 03-10-2008, 09:29 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

to be quite honest I think its hella cool.....just because some people prefer lifts.....some people like to low ride......if I lived in arizona or something best beleive id be slammed with titanium skid plates all around
but why a pickup?

ORIGINAL: oefootball_70
2girlsonecup is weak. try eel girl or pain olympics
yes, i've seen eel girl. i'll look into pain olympics though...lol

Old 03-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I mean, it's obviously a show truck. It's on airbags so it only sits on the ground when it's parked. How is this any different than a street queen with a 12" lift and 37" tires that never leaves the pavement?

Whaveter. It's not my thing, but to each their own and I can at least respect the craftsmanship that went into it. This isn't my sort of thing whatsoever, but I've seen people do some pretty sick things with newer (and older, for that matter) vehicles and they've obviously got some creative talent that I sure don't.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:40 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: derricksmash

but why a pickup?

ORIGINAL: oefootball_70
2girlsonecup is weak. try eel girl or pain olympics
yes, i've seen eel girl. i'll look into pain olympics though...lol

Be prepared. Its some messed up stuff. You will never forgive yourself.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Kendra02
Professional

I used to be one of those people that thought the lift was cool and the bagged was retarded. But, my bf is bagging his 02 reg cab chevy and I cant wait for it to be done. Now that ive seen everything that hes done to get it to where it is, I appriciate all of the hard work, and I think they kick @$$ now, Ive also been around the bagged trend for almost 2 yrs now...

The guy that does all of that type of stuff in the metroplex, the suspension and stuff, this is his truck:

[IMG]local://upfiles/84789/E146CA61055A4361B0CA0D29C0B746E1.jpg[/IMG]

I looovvee this truck. I actually thought about bagging my truck, but the main reason I bought it was to tow a boat. So, I think ill leave it alone.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:42 AM
SLCHemi
Professional

It's all personal taste I suppose...

I've always been one of those who prefes lifted trucks, that are capable of doing what trucks are built for (towing, hauling, 4 wheelin', etc..), but I always have to admire the work and crafstmanship that people put into rides like that....so not my thing, but someone spent allot of time and money on it...

Old 03-10-2008, 10:44 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain

ORIGINAL: derricksmash

but why a pickup?

---------------------------

and yes, i've seen eel girl. i'll look into pain olympics though...lol
question is why not a pickup.....easier to mod a pickup really much more cost effective and they are more useful.....my transam had bags on it.....it was awsome but after everything was said and done i couldnt get my fourwheeler anywhere.....just a preference....id never have a vehicle slammed that low but a few inches would be tight......

Old 03-10-2008, 11:31 AM
AZHemiChk
Rookie

I appreciate the craftsmanship, but like some others on here, it's definitely not my style. And even being an Arizona resident where the weather is almost always nice, I still wouldn't even consider it. I bought my truck to tow and be a comfortable driver and sometimes play offroad. But if you have the money to create a show truck like that, why not?

Old 03-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Baddog543
Veteran

I like a truck to sit up, if I wanted it low I would buy a car.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all played out. Lowered trucks were cool when it was unique or difficult to do. Now there's a kit for any truck, and they've been popping reflectors off the pavement since the 80s when every S10 rode on cut stock springs.

Think about it. People are making their trucks actually look like a caricature of itself -- grossly large wheels bent to obscene angles to fit in the fenderwell, generically loud paint scheme with some sort of pinstripe, etc, all with the hopes of making someone think the truck is cool.

Anyone remember the 90s when every "cool" car or truck had 13 inch reverse-offset Daytons? They all looked more like skates than vehicles. Now that fad is gone and this just takes its place. It's just like the box Chevys with 22-24in wheels, Flowmaster exhaust, and a giant tach on the dash.

Quick Reply: this is disgusting...