3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

this is disgusting...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:49 PM
RAM0447
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: this is disgusting...

lol leave the lowering to the s10's. Alll my buddies in my last hometown have all their trucks bagged...was fun & cool at first, but I'd never do it. Feels so nice driving high....I really don't see the purpose in show cars like that...what's the purpose of the truck? I mean, you really can't store those things like classic cars anyway as if their value will go up. Like you all said, to each of their own...

And I think it's a big thing on maturity. Who sees a stabilized family, person, etc. who is finacially stable, with a education, great job driving one of those vehicles? Most of the time it's young kids (as I still am), immature individuals, gang bangers, druggies usually driving one of those vehicles. But hey, like they say, your vehicle says A LOT about who you are...

Old 03-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Kendra02
Professional

I disagree. Bagging a truck is very expensive, you have to have a good job or have mommy and daddy pay for it. My bf is going to be 22 next month, went to college and works full time. Owning one of those trucks has nothing to dowith maturity, It has to do with personal taste.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 AM
RAM0447
Professional

It is just the way I saw it with kids back in my hometown because that was the stereotype with those types of trucks. It's def. different everywhere else, that's why I see it the way I do. Only reason they get it much cheaper is because I have tons of friends that professionally know how to install these things and have experience on tons of trucks. Didn't mean to offend you or anything, but I should of made it sound as that's the way I see it from my old friends and people back in hoptown kentucky lol.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

The great thing about it is that we can all do what we want w/ our rigs.

I like mine up. But that doesn't mean I don't 100% respect the workmanship and effort it takes to drop a rig! It is a royal pain in the **** to do that. Just like lifting it to hight can be a drag. Any type of mod adds up fast in the wallet. It shows a level of commitment (even if it is just to write the check) and dedication (especially in guys that do all the work themselves) to take a stock rig and make it a one-off. That I respect no matter if I like it or not.

Do we all associate a stereo-type w/the style of vehicle; heck yeah!! (did we just run a redneck thread not to long ago).

It's all about personal style and taste. If we all did the exact same thing w/ our rigs we might as well leave em stock!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Andrew S
Amateur

People do weird things to vehicles.

Honda Civics aren't sports cars. Hummers aren't limmos. Trucks aren't meant to drag pavement.

People are too vain these days. Stop buying things because they are "cool" and start buying them for utility. The whole tuner phase going on right now is just silly. I could under stand hot rodding. People like going fast. But this tuner crap is just ridiculous. If you do not need a truck buy something that fits your needs better.

I can't helt but laugh at what companies have come up with to separate people from their money. More power too them for making it work though.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:51 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

its taste. who cares? you guys are rednecks and like lifted trucks and hate everything that may be associated with mexicans. (yes, mexicans started this trend of lowering and hydraulics and bags) just admit it, you guys are way racist like that.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:50 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am redneck, and some days I wish my tuck was making sparks. I love both styles of trucks. If you want to talk about race leave this section and go to the off topic.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:34 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

race... never mentioned race there, pal. i only mentioned racist rednecks.to eahc his own. you guys always gotta dog on people who dont agree with you. always. like, you can never say "hey, it looks great, but why *this* and *that*." you guys say this ****s nasty, trucks are only made for lifting. ok, if trucks are made for lifitng, then why bitch about people lifting 4x2's? seriously, i thought this forum was going well when i came back with all these stupid remarks but you guys just gotta kill it, huh? good ****.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:41 AM
leo305sr
Rookie

just because u dont like it or think it looks good doesnt mean its "disgusting"
no one is making fun of stock looking trucks on big tires and tiny rims

I agree with kendra, the truck looks great. i would love to bag my truck but my budget doesnt allow me to do so.

its the same difference as a hot rodder and a import tuner. both look absurd to their extremes, but either kind of vehicle looks amazing depending on what your into.

no need to show ignorance.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:56 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

ORIGINAL: leo305sr
just because u dont like it or think it looks good doesnt mean its "disgusting"
no need to show ignorance.
i get what you're saying. i guess it's disgusting, in my opinion =)

and, i do in fact appreciate craftsmanship, but i personally may appear 'ignorant' cause the outcome may sometimes overlook the craftsmanship involved.

Quick Reply: this is disgusting...