3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another Gas Prices deal, this time an article

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
slapshot12
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Gas Prices deal, this time an article

I've given up complaining about the gas prices. They are gonna screw us real good no matter what. I've been driving less and using the boat MUCH less.

Two middle fingers to the entire gas/oil industry.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:00 PM
masshole
Professional

$4 gas huh?

Well, it's a good thing the house passed that big "tax the oil man" package.

How do these people not understand? Who the hell do they think pays the tax? Sure, the tax is directed at Exxon or Shell or whatever but where do they get their money? What's that you say? From us? So we get to pay their tax for them? Well, that's right Billy. Any costs or burden levied onto a company that earns its money by selling goods or services simply offsets those costs by charging more for that good or service. If the offset burden on the consumer becomes high enough to hurt sales the company further offsets its new burden onto its employees. The corporate entity is the last in line for actually paying any of its burden.

Well why would the government want to raise the price per gallon of gas for us? Don't they want to help us? You see, Billy, government taxes every gallon of gas sold. This tax is a percentage of the base price per gallon. So as the cost per gallon goes up, Billy, the tax goes up thereby increasing the profit to the very people who levied the tax to begin with.

The oil companies hardly care at all about the increase as they never feel it. The government loves the increase because they profit from it. You and I, Billy, get taxed twice over for it.

God Bless America!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:29 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: chongo

ORIGINAL: NYPANAMA42

Let this be a lesson for all of you who voted Republican.............i surely hope their sharing the proceeds with you...
-Please no more stupid comments.

Thats right - lets vote for the liberal democrats who are going to start taxing "big oil" - "to make big oil pay" - no they don't pay, guess who does, we do, Clinton and I am sure Obama as wellif electedwant to make "big oil pay" - we will see an increase in gas prices.
i really hope Clinton does win. damn republicans. always getting **** fukced up.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:54 PM
masshole
Professional

[/quote]

i really hope Clinton does win. damn republicans. always getting **** fukced up.

[/quote]

She is just a shady as bush, just on the other end; like healthcare.

Back in the early 90's, she was beating a drum to the tune of "universal healthcare" until she recieved a kick-back from the medical insurance companies in the sum of 850.000.00! That tune went silent after that.

I don't trust any party. Most polititians seem to be influenced by major companies, from donations to kick-backs whatever... We live in Corp. America now, time to revolt people!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 09:12 PM
damram1980
Professional

im sick of this country, more and more big brother takes and takes, ever wonder why they call em big brother? well its simple for those who have brothers. does anyone else think its ironic that this country was founded because our ancestors left englad because of taxes and now we need 2 jobs 2 live comfortably!!! sick sick sick.theres definatly a prob. the firs one is anyone who thinks a vote really matters in an election.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

i still think Dennis Kucinic would have been the perfect president. too bad he had no funding. he has all the right plans/ideas. better than the repubs + dems put together. hed solve this oil prob

Old 03-11-2008, 09:44 PM
masshole
Professional

ORIGINAL: KC9JVC

ORIGINAL: RAM0447
Drilling our own oil would be pointless anyway. With the rate we are using oil, it would barely last a year using oil of our own. Besides, that would just destroy plant and animal life on wherever we drill. No, I'm not a tree hugger, but I just don't see any point of why we would use oil of our own when it's not plentiful. Maybe it's better to stay for some U.S crisis in need of oil at some point and time in the future, which I don't know will happen or not.
Wow I didn't know that the 20 years worth of Oil inside of ANWAR would only last a year. The conservative estimates are that there is 9-16 Billion (with a B) barrels of oil up there, not to mention all the oil locked up in shale. Also from what I have read and learned from the studies conducted by the US government, the animals are actually thriving by the only oil well in Alaska at this time, and the land is far from damaged.

I'm all for finding an alternative energy source, but there are a lot of us on this site that need our trucks as more than just a daily driver (I use mine almost all year in making wood to heat my and my parents homes, not to mention pulling my camper a few times a year,) and until they come up with a effective alternative that won't cause me to have to give up the power that I need to do what I do, I won't buy into it.

Also, the other thing that would help is building a few more refineries. We haven't built one in about 25 years.

In closing, we need to find ways to reduce our consumption (I Car pool to work every day,) but in order for the new technologies to become viable we need a economy in place that can support the research and development of these new technologies, which means we need to get cheaper fuel.
You could have 75% of Congress and the Senate vote to approve offshore and ANWAR drilling, and all it would take is one envirowhacko to file a lawsuit on behalf of a spotted owl or a snail darter, and one liberal judge willing to hear the suit, and that would wipe everything out. Then you have States rights to deal with, which falls into that particular states legislative process.

Bush Derangement Syndrome is real, and has a huge impact on rational thinking of liberals. The sad part about Bush is with the 3 clowns running for President now, in 3-4 years we will be looking back wishing we had a person like Bush in the White House.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:48 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

im still wishing we had bill in office.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a lot of offshore bank accounts full of oil money...

Old 03-12-2008, 01:30 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

lol, if you look at the cities and coutnries there, the countries that arent so safe but have exports of oil have the cheapest prices. and the countries that are safe cost much more... trend maybe?

Quick Reply: Another Gas Prices deal, this time an article