3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My new truck...and questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Bucky
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new truck...and questions

I just purchased a 2004 Ram 1500 QC/SB, 2wd, hemi slt. It has power everything and a sunroof. It has the Lonestar Package, and it's very well equipped. However, I have two things I want to do to it: an exhaust system and a trailer hitch.
For the exhaust, I already had a Flowmaster Super 40 2.5" centerin/out muffler that I wanted to install and dump under the truck near the axle. I have done this several times on other trucks, but it seems a little tight under there. Any suggestions?

As far as the trailer hitch, I am a little stumped. I hate pulling things with a bumper, but it seems as if there is a round tube hitch that attaches to the bumper. What do I do?

Thanks for the help!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain
Default RE: My new truck...and questions

take the stock muffler off......if you look under your truck near the rear axel the piping goes straight up then turns down thats where i cut my pipe off...that way the exhaust will have the new muffler and the pipe will turn down towards the ground....it does sorta aim near the rear right wheel so.....if you dont want the exhaust blowing in your rim....go by a cheapy exhaust tip with a bit of a latteral turn to it and just stick it on.....this is the cheapest way to do it plus you romove the resonator during this process....good luck man

Old 03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain

i didnt have a trailer hitch when i bought mine.......i went to quality farm and fleet (not sure if you have those stores where you live) but it bolts on to the big *** tube under neath the rear end of your truck which is bolted to the frame.....it works well and isnt as gaudy as the big *** ones ill take a picture sometime and show you....

Old 03-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Bucky
Rookie

Please take those pictures for me, I would really like to see it. I did find a Hidden Hitch that would fit, but it looks as if I would have to remove the bumper to install it.

Quick Reply: My new truck...and questions