3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MPG increase

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:14 PM
2005cobrakiller
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPG increase

it seems like everyone is always complaining about mpg.....CLEAN UR FOCKIN THROTTLE BODIES....it would help..... my truck stays around 17-19 mpg.....also if ur runnin a resonator replacement on ur engine like this picture here..... then you need to open up the exhaust as well get rid of the focking exhaust resonator....i get almost 20 mpg at 65mph......granted i have a rcsb but it shouldnt be to big of a diff i am also 4x4 so i weight more as well.....on another note my truck usually gets in between 5-10 mpg cause i like my gas pedel...so u also have to drive smart.....just my .2 good luck people

Old 03-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Bigbody
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MPG increase

well i'm not being **** here but im only getting 13 city and 17 highway and my truck is only 5 months old so i dont think a dirty throttle body is the casue of my bad gas milage, i also have cold air intake and flowmaster exhaust, and my milage is the same weather i'm heavy on the gas or light footed, I'd really love to know how people get that good of milage, i didn't even see that in my rcsb with the 4.7 just my .02 though

Quick Reply: MPG increase