3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

electric window problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:05 PM
elpmmike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric window problem

I've owned a 2003 Dodge Ram Quad door with the 5.7 Hemi since new.

The front passenger window (electric) will not operate with the front passenger window switch. But I can close or open it with the drivers window switch so that means the motor is good. Yesterday I replaced the passenger door switch with a new one from a dodge dealer. It still won't work.
Is there an electrical diagram for this window group that would show any fuse placements and possible problem areas to look at?
The owners manual is no help and the fuse boxes I found are not labeled clearly.
About 2 years ago I had a high dollar alarm system installed. But the installation did not bother the window operation at all.
And no other modifications have been done to the truck.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:59 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: electric window problem

Mine does that every now and again, but it's all the windows, notjust one.Check the connection in the driver's door switch module. There is a breaker for the power windows. It is for ALL the windows. You've determined it's good by the fact the window works from the driver's side. Dumb question time: you do have the lockout switch OFF, right? Do the other windows work from their switches?

Quick Reply: electric window problem