3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

clunking sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:06 PM
mmstar23
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clunking sound

so on the way home tonight from my dads house i randomly decide to turn off the radio and listen to the engine to hear how its running, i do this every so often. however tonight...i hear this minor sound, at the time i didnt really think anything of it until i get home. i roll down my front windows and back up into the driveway of my moms house. i hear this sound. im like what the hell is that? i get out and i hear this clunking....i have no idea where it actually is coming from, definatly somewhere underneath....i kinda think its the exhaust, but i dont know what it can possibly be. i let it run for a minute or 2 and realized its not a constant rattle, but a clunking as if a rock was inside bouncing around. its not a solid rattle like i said but every few seconds you hear a pebble like sound hitting metal. i dont get it.

please help guys i really dont know what to do

Old 03-12-2008, 11:56 PM
mmstar23
Champion
Default RE: clunking sound

ok so i went outside and spent more time trying to find where the clunking noise is coming from and it seems to be the tranny. what does this mean and what do i do?

thanks again

Old 03-13-2008, 12:51 AM
De pinga!
Professional

Take it in to dodge...

Old 03-13-2008, 11:54 AM
mmstar23
Champion