3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling Kit Tips 04 Ram 1500 4x2

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:06 PM
cmitchell5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling Kit Tips 04 Ram 1500 4x2

Just a couple of pointers for those of you thinking of doing this. A couple of tips I have learned the good old fashioned way. Make sure you have a good spring compressor. This is key. I rented one from Autozone and was not sure on the operation. After some trial and errors figured out the best way to work it, but not without out having to ratchet it down and realize that i did not have enough coils compressed to slip in the spacers. Just go ahead and get ready for some manual wrenching on this bad boy. Okay second, i do believe that if you have a ball joint press then this would be the best way to go. I do not have one and had to do some crafty work to get the spacers in, even with the spring compressor all the way tight, dangerously tight, it was tough, but it can be done. It would have been so much easier to just pop the top ball joint free from the upper arm and let the hub and lower arm all the way down. I will be getting a ball joint press soon, i plan on doing the ball joints in the future with some greasable ones. 3rd, tools required were minimal. I have a metric ratchet wrench set that i dearly love, and it made it alot easier. Last, start this job when you are rested and have plenty of time to complete. All things considered it was about 4 hours on the first side, a hour on the other side. I know I know, why four hours, well, stuff happens.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Leveling Kit Tips 04 Ram 1500 4x2

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the info.....

Old 03-15-2008, 06:52 PM
mmstar23
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Leveling Kit Tips 04 Ram 1500 4x2

just ordered my 2.5" daystars today, and im just gonna go by the DIY made on here. im not gonna use a coil compressor or any of that. just gonna go exactly how the DIY goes

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit Tips 04 Ram 1500 4x2