3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new rims and tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:07 PM
screamskiier
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rims and tires

i just bought new rims and tires and put them on today but when i drive at around 35mph and 45mph my steering wheel starts vibrating. they are supposudly aligned from teh company i purchased them from. what do u think is causing the wobbling are they just not balanced correctly or something else. any tips is greatly apretiated.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:08 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: new rims and tires

Sounds to me they are not balanced...

Old 03-15-2008, 04:20 PM
BRINKLEY
Professional

plus 1 for them not being balanced. I'm not sure what you mean about them being aligned. The wheels can only be aligned while they are on your truck. You might also want to make sure all the lugs are tightened as well. sometimes they will come loose after they are put on. Other than that, I'd say they just need to be balanced.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:25 PM
screamskiier
Rookie

thanks for the info i ment that they are supposudly balanced from the company sorry for the mixup. thanks again i am gunna have them get balanced at a local shop thanks again, matt

Old 03-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Redram05baby

Keep You Recipt If You Bought Them Balanced From An Online Company - And Try and Have Them Pick Up The Tab.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure how it goes for the Rams, but on my Dakota, when I had aftermarket wheels put on, the rotors and drums, each had one little washer on them, that the guy who installed them, didn't see...

Well, after the wheels were put on, I went for a drive, and the truck shook like a ****...

Took it back, the owner of the store asked if he removed the washers, sure enough, he didn't, and when he did, it was smooth as butta...

Maybe check that out...

Idk.

Quick Reply: new rims and tires