3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Paxton - GS Motorsports S/C Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 11:06 AM
ezhemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Paxton - GS Motorsports S/C Installed

Yes, my pre S/C dyno was 263 rwhp then after was 374 rwhp.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:51 PM
danmaloy

AHHHHH I see the numbers now...very impressive...truck must be a whole new machine!!

I like those short video clips you have on the site...I vote you post more!!!

I also downloaded the install directions for the kit...doesn't look too bad...oil pan is the only part that looked tough. So what's invovled with the PCM/computer part of it...or is nothing needed, since the PCM adjusts for the increased air? I would imagine you are running 91+ octane? Are the stock injectors able to keep-up? Do you think a modified throttle plate would increase HP's? So many questions...man I want one of these kits!

I would also guess you're warranty gets thrown out the window (for engine/drivetrain stuff)...

Dan

Old 01-20-2005, 04:11 AM
ezhemi
Rookie

Hey Dan, the install is very straight forward, but I highly recommend you install and send it to a reputable performance shop to tune it. The kit comes with it's own computer that piggy backs ours. Its an easy install too. I run regular 87 octane with no problems. The kit also comes wqith a spacer plate (it looks like a throttle body spacer) that has 2 extra injectors installed in it. That is what that piggy backed thing operates. Yes, you're right it is a new truck. I ordered my gauge pod from GS. I should get it Friday. Money Money Money...

Old 01-20-2005, 11:29 PM
danmaloy

thanks for the update ezhemi...it sounds like a solid setup, especially since you're able to run 87 octane! Have you experienced any value train issues; or are you considering any upgrades? I've read/hear that some hemis have valve spring issues?!?

...sounds like you're about to put some headers on...and a gauge pod set-up (which will be sweet!)! I need to find the specs on your ride...sounds like you're a few steps ahead of me, but heading the right direction!! ...it's amazing to see the drive train soaks up 80-something hp (345-263 = 82 or 23.77%). Makes me all the more suspicious of the tranny/torque converter. Anyway, so figuring the numbers backwards on your S/C'ed hemi, looks like you're getting a little over 450hp at the crank (374+82hp=456hp at the crank)...that's HUGE!!!! I think 500 is do-able on the hemi...I heard the pistons have a thermal coating...I guess that's a help!!! then the headers!!! oh man, sick!

Does/did the S/C void your (power train) warranty? I can see the service manager now as he points to the head unit with a big smile on his face..."we can't work on this because you modified the engine†or something nutty.

So how did you find your performance tuning shop? Crazzy question, but are they able to tweak the PCM on the fly to adjust...plus I would guess they validate the upgraded fuel system...and of course get the dyno numbers...just curious where/how to start...

Thanks again for the info...this is good stuff!

Dan

Old 01-26-2005, 02:07 PM
ezhemi
Rookie

Hey Dan, sorry for not getting back with you sooner, but... Anyways, to your questions: WHAT warranty? Scott at GS said that if I wanted to we could disconnect everything and take it in, but I told him to forget it. That would be way wrong. I didn't have to find a shop, because my truck was the prototype. Scott did it all. Oh well, I've got to go to work. You know pay for the gas.

Rod

Quick Reply: Paxton - GS Motorsports S/C Installed