3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PARTS ARE IN !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:46 PM
COYOTE10663
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PARTS ARE IN !!

Got the 4" chrome tailpipe and the chrome intake kit in. Will install tonight (Hopefully)

Old 03-22-2008, 01:29 PM
COYOTE10663
Professional
Default RE: PARTS ARE IN !!

OK. The air filter is installed. Was REALLY simple. Loosen 1 hose clamp where the oem air filter hoseassembly connects to the intake box that is attached to the throttle body. ( The bulky, restrictive, useless black chunk of plastic that says 3.7L on it. ) Remove the PCV hose from the rear right valve cover ( Just pulls off )Lift the complete air filter box up & out of the engine bay. There is no bolts that hold the air filter box into the engine bay. It just sits down on rubber mounting pegs. Take 2 bolts off at the bottom of that black box that has the 3.7L on it, unplug the IAT sensor off of the left hand side of that box, and remove by pulling foward & up at about a 45 degree angle. Remove the IAT sensor.
For those of you that do not yet have the power wire, or a resistor wire to replace your IAT sensor, I have the pics showing how it goes in stock form. As for the exhaust, well, it is installed. Does sound better (Lower rumble to it) But I need to take it to a machine shop & have about 2-3" cut off of the chrome tailpipe. It sticks out past the rear tire about 2". When I get that done I will post a pick of the 4" Dia. chrome tailpipe on the truck cut to proper leingth.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:43 PM
COYOTE10663
Professional

By the way, I did not see any reason to build any brackets at 10:00 pm, so I just used the provided zip-ties to keep it in place for now. But the bracket will be made out of 1 piece of metal about 1/2" wide x 12" or so long with 1 hole drilled in it. Really simple to do. Also, as expected, iI could not feel any noticable difference in power at highway speeds, but off the line throttle responce has improved some. We'll see what the fuel milage results will be, if any. And last but not least, I was dissapointed in the fact that they ( Chrome Intakes ) used blue silicone tube connectors & PCV hose, and a RED air filter! Looks kinda goofy to me. Maybe the owner of that company is color blind. All in all, for $40.00 ish INCLUDING shipping & handeling, I dont think I could have spent that money better on any other upgrade, and is a REAL BARGAIN ! I DO recomend this kit. ----kj

Old 03-22-2008, 05:42 PM
texbigb
Rookie

LOL....check my thread...i hace pictures...its a step by step "manuel" of how to install thse ebay intakes!

Old 03-24-2008, 01:46 AM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain

OH MY GODZ! CHROME EVERYWHEREZ!! nice stuff

Quick Reply: PARTS ARE IN !!