3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check engine light.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008 | 05:27 PM
TheUsed801
|
Professional
Default Check engine light.

Alright, well. A few weeks ago, I removed my cat and, tah dah, now my check engine light stays on 24/7. I knew this would happen, and now I'm trying to figure out a way to bypass it.

Does anyone know if I pull out that whole display with the speedometer and everything if it would be possible to just unplug the light that lights up the check engine light?

Old 03-22-2008 | 06:34 PM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran
Default RE: Check engine light.

There's GOT to be a better solution. What if something else actually goes wrong and you need to be notified via the check engine light....

Old 03-22-2008 | 08:19 PM
jm22876
Professional

What is the code? I imagine its something to do with the o2 sensors? On my 04 there are 4 sensors...but they are before and after the mini catalyst, not the main cat...thats why im curious about the code the trucks throwing

Old 03-22-2008 | 10:25 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Just use the non-foulers, they work 99% of the time. The other one percent, you just have to add a little steel wool to the hole to fix it. Cheap $10 fix and actually work better than the simulators that cost like 10x as much.

BTW: I don't know why you took the cats out in the first place, unless something was wrong with one. Factory cats on a Hemi have tested out to be less restrictive than many aftermarket "high flow" models. What you are losing in flow with the cats on, can hardly be seen on a dyno, so there is no way anyof us can tell the difference. I've got CAI, Exhaust & Long Tube Headers and still left the cats on...

Old 03-27-2008 | 08:21 PM
Swanny

You're joking, right? Pull the bulb from the dash? I haven't heard that in about 10 years LOL. That might work but it's only going to cost you more in the long run!

Get the code read so you know what's wrong and post back here or look it up here - http://www.obd-codes.com/

Quick Reply: Check engine light.