3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gear ratio's W/LSD

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:08 PM
atlaticblueram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gear ratio's W/LSD

after i lifted mine with the 35's i was getting 9mpg. after the gears i am getting 12mpg. but you have to take in to consideration i have the 5.9L 360 gasoline engine with a decent amount of mods i have a cam,1.7 roller rockers, eldelbrock heads, and M1 2bbl intake manifold . you can also checkout WWW.KRCPERFORMANCE.COM the have noting but chrysler performance parts. Alot of them are for the 4.7 also. i got all of my performance parts recently and have not had the pcm tuned yet but when i do have it tuned i will probably get about 17-19mpg city and about 22 on the highway hopefully. Every performance part i have is from www.krcperformance.com!

Old 03-27-2008, 01:25 PM
RedRam2005
Professional

That is huge considering the size of the engine with 35's on it. I am installing dual out rear 40 series flowmaster's tomorrow. Then a volent CAI from KRC. Then headers and magnaflow cat converter's. Then the 212X cam's. So I will be giving alot to KRC before I actually lift my truck.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:38 PM
atlaticblueram
Professional

i like krc but there personel is not the greatest and sometimes it itakes awile to get your parts but it is worth it considering the performance parts they have that no one else has. i am considering the 408ci stroker but i dont really have $11,000 dollars just laying around!! might have to use the old home equity loan to get it!!! plus i want to run the F.A.S.T stand alone fuel management system and switch to a return style fuel rail setup that way i can run a turbo or even a super caharger with my stock motor that i have modded and be able to tune it with the fast fuel system instead of sending them my pcm and having them tune it. but i cant decide if i want to keep my truck or not!

Old 03-27-2008, 05:44 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

call dealer, give them vin, they'll tell you.

that's what i did to see what gears were currently in my truck (and with the hope telling me i had a posi..but i of course didn't).

Old 03-27-2008, 08:34 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JD1500

ORIGINAL: ramman1980@gmail.com

if u jack the back end of the truck up and spin tire and both move u have lsd
Thats not true. It's the direction of the rotation you have to look for. I have an open diff, and both mine spin. Just one goes the opposite way of the other.
That's what I remember from the last time I did that. Must remember to try it again at rotation time.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:32 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: atlaticblueram

REDRAM2005 i went through this same thing. if i were u i would get rid of the stock LSD if you do have it and replace it with either the detroit truetrac or the auburn LSD. i originally put the Auburn in my truck and blew it up within two weeks,
That's funny, because when I had my gears done, I wanted the TruTrac and actually bought one from 4 Wheel Parts (where I also bought the gears & master kit). They talked me out of it by showing me two sitting there waiting to be RMA'd back to Eaton/Detroit becaust they both failed in Chrysler 9.25 rear ends (one to the point that it took the whole rear end with it). So I took their advice and switched to the Auburn LSD.
At the time I read where Detroit had a problem with the TruTrac in Dodge's but never read about it after that. I would assume they have fixed the issue because it's rare you hear of a problem with either the TruTrac or Auburn LSD anymore...

Quick Reply: Gear ratio's W/LSD