3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

audio help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: audio help please!!

I'm gonna have to agree with highduke I honestly doubt you are going to be able to provide the airspace needed for the type r's. Starve them for airspace and you can blow them and they won't sound too good either.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:47 AM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran

ORIGINAL: kx250frider617

you could get those wooden rings shops use to make fiberglass boxes and the ones they use to make holes in regular boxes. Srew that to your enclousure then screw the sub to that. I think you'll get an inch height which could miss the slant. I wish i knew what those were called but if you get what im saying it wiuld be perfect.
Spacer rings. If you use them you have to remove the carpet from the box where you're applying them. They're made out of the same MDF as most boxes too.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:04 AM
IdahoDodge2001

Hey peddler do you have any drawings or plans for that speaker box you made looks good right now I have my box from my old car sitting on the back seat. I def aint gonna pay out the *** for those cheap looking plastic ones. You would be helping me and this guy who posted this. Those are some nice *** boxes so if you can hook me up that would be awsome.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:27 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: IdahoDodge2001

Hey peddler do you have any drawings or plans for that speaker box you made looks good right now I have my box from my old car sitting on the back seat. I def aint gonna pay out the *** for those cheap looking plastic ones. You would be helping me and this guy who posted this. Those are some nice *** boxes so if you can hook me up that would be awsome.
Man I'm sorry! All the plans I have are in my head. If you are anybody else need help making one just pm me or we can get each others phone number. I would be glad to help anyone out.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:10 AM
RaptorRacing
Veteran

Well i have two kicker cvr's 12's and had the problem... but all i did was cut a ring ( like spacer to lift the back of the sub up) solution fixed it's better then having to buy a new box..... I will post pictures later

Old 03-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

ya i get what your saying.thats a good idea.ill either do that or just try and make one. too bad peddler doesnt have the plans cuz thats a nice lookin box.this is quite frustrating.im pretty sure ill have enough airspace cuz the rest of the box is hollow all the way across my seat.we will see i guess. i drove around with regular sound today for the first time in awhile and it was wierd. i ddnt like it ha.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:04 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Hemipwr07

ya i get what your saying.thats a good idea.ill either do that or just try and make one. too bad peddler doesnt have the plans cuz thats a nice lookin box.this is quite frustrating.im pretty sure ill have enough airspace cuz the rest of the box is hollow all the way across my seat.we will see i guess. i drove around with regular sound today for the first time in awhile and it was wierd. i ddnt like it ha.
If you need some help, pm me!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:57 PM
bronstud!29

whats up! i am a MECP first class certified installer and i say dont put the type r's in your truck. there is not enough air space under the seat to really give them what they need. plus the dynamics of the interior of your truck dont work well for type r. if you wanna stay with alpine i say the type S subs are what you should go with. just a suggestion. put one of the alpine MRP-M500 on each sub and that will be a big upgrade to your type E.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Ben D.
Champion

^^ agreed. I can't wait to get my truck. i'm contemplating audio already lol. although the rcsb will be tricky i'm thinking two jl 13w3v3's in either sealed or ported with a 1000/1 from jl. w3's need like 1.5 cubes ported. so 1.75 ish before port displacement and sub displacement. we shall see might have to move down to w1's and a 500/1. but no biggy. gonna get an eclipse hd navigation double din (9 band parametric eq and 5v preouts) and polk sr series components front and rear or jl evolution zr's and a jl 300/4

Quick Reply: audio help please!!