3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dealer installed keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 11:17 AM
JFugazzi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer installed keyless entry

Hi

I just bought a 2003 Ram SLT quad cab and i'd like to add keyless entry to it. On one car
site this was shown as a dealer installed option in 03. I was wondering if anyone has had
the dealer install this option, how much it cost, and if it is any better than an aftermarket system.

Thanks

Joe Fugazzi

Old 01-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dealer installed keyless entry

I think you should get a price on both and go with the best deal. It dosent take much to call and get the prices. I would go with a after market myself, but mine came with the truck so sorry no help there.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Bruce
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealer installed keyless entry

I bought the keyless entry kit off this guy on e-bay nascarcampers,got two key ring clickers and the module for $60 and fitted it myself.He gives instructions on how to
fit it,took me about half an hour to fit.His instuctions say to take the clocks out completely but i did'nt,i popped them out and had just enough room to see where the module
slotted in and i just pooped it in,great job,panic alarm works and horn sounds when you lock it and two clicks opens the four doors[sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Dealer installed keyless entry