3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

OEM chrome/satin brushed Aluminum gas door

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:25 PM
jstmahoney
|
Captain
Default OEM chrome/satin brushed Aluminum gas door

I was looking at the chrome/brushed OEM gas door on dodgeparts.com and the picks suck. i was wondering if it is worth the $90-$100. Can you guys post some pics of your OEM chrome/satin brushed Aluminum gas door?

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:27 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker
Default RE: OEM chrome/satin brushed Aluminum gas door

IMO, it's not worth it. I bought one of the bully brand ones for 50 bucks, looks just as good.

Old 03-28-2008 | 02:50 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

JD's right. The OEM is WAY overpriced! My truck had one on it when I bought it and the damned thing broke the first time (and I mean VERY FIRST) I filled up on the way home from the dealership! I bought a Bully with a built in lock to replace it (and at $4.00 a gallon for Diesel, I think it was a GREAT investment!)

Old 03-28-2008 | 08:52 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

I don't know what brand I bought, but I bought the one that Autozone sells for $50 and it has a lock and comes with 4 keys. OEM just means more money not better quality all the time.

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:42 AM
codiac
Professional

The OEM one has the Dodge logo inside it, about the only difference. Mine was on the truck when i bought it used and the clear coat is coming off below the filler where some gas might have come out during filling and ate away the clear coat. Looks nice though, can't see the clear coming off unless you look close.

Old 03-28-2008 | 10:23 AM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran

ORIGINAL: dirtydodge02

JD's right. The OEM is WAY overpriced! My truck had one on it when I bought it and the damned thing broke the first time (and I mean VERY FIRST) I filled up on the way home from the dealership! I bought a Bully with a built in lock to replace it (and at $4.00 a gallon for Diesel, I think it was a GREAT investment!)
You had to fill up after you left the stealership!? You didn't make those bitches fill it up?! What a rip!

Old 03-28-2008 | 11:28 AM
toxdoc
Veteran

I've got the chromed billet LOCKING fuel door from AMI and I would not trade it for anything else that I've seen; with fuel prices what they are now especially if you run premium like I do it may offer some measure of theft prevention and damage to your truck.

Old 03-28-2008 | 11:54 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

ORIGINAL: StevenMoffettKY

ORIGINAL: dirtydodge02

You had to fill up after you left the stealership!? You didn't make those bitches fill it up?! What a rip!
I never let the dealer fill my vehicles up as I am partial to certain gases in my vehicles. The last time the dodge dealer filled up my truck (without me asking), I had to detune my truck as they filled up with regular and since I have a premium tune, my truck was spitting and spatting when I left.

Old 03-28-2008 | 01:10 PM
oefootball_70
Champion

EBAY

Old 03-28-2008 | 01:46 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

I bought one of those "Dodge" billet doors for my truck when I ordered it.

Don't bother------I paid WAY too much. And the hell of it is, the damn thing is corroding just like any other one would after exposure to the salt

The previous posts ARE RIGHT!!!

Quick Reply: OEM chrome/satin brushed Aluminum gas door