3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone put snow tires on their truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:40 AM
keitholivier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone put snow tires on their truck ?

I am a believer in snow tires. I have them on every car I have ever owned. I have yet to get into a really critical situation, traction wise, although a recent ice storm provided the slickest conditions I have ever seen.

Night before last we had some freezing rain followed by about 2-3 inches of snow (I have only had my 2wd V6 a week now). I was getting quite a bit of wheelspin in my truck just trying to get out the driveway. Same deal on the slight incline our road makes heading up to the main road that is always plowed. I have never had either experience with my Cobalt FWD or Audi A6 AWD but both have Michelin snow tires on.

Right now with the season coming to a close, prices on snow tires are pretty good. To get the best diameter match for my stock all seasons, the best fit seems to be Bridgestone Blizzak 265/50QR20. The question is where can I find 20" steel wheels ? There does not seem to be anyplace online to get them and they are not listed as an accessory option at Dodge dealers ?

Anyone else have experince in this regard ? How about folks living in the rockies, who have "real" hills to deal with ?
Keith

Quick Reply: Anyone put snow tires on their truck ?