3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water for Fuel???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:11 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Water for Fuel???

It is without a doubt possible to convert water to energy.. Its very easy to split the atoms and use hydrogen.. I have been running tests that successfully created hydrogen gas using 12 volt electricity (A car battery charger).. The addition of salt and other electrolytes increases the yield.

Want to see it in action? take 2 thin plates of metal and space them closely together but not touching (Use a plastic washers to keep them from touching) then attach the positive to one plate of metal and the negative to the other.. When voltage is applied the water bubbles with hydrogen. The addition of salt increases the reaction. You can even do this on a small scale using a 9 volt battery.

I have since given up on the project because I don't have the time to develop an optimal reaction chamber but tightly packed honeycomb shapes and many layers combined with very high voltage will produce enough hydrogen to run a car. Theoretically you would use the battery in the car to power an inverter to raise the voltage, and have a reaction chamber that is efficient enough to produce enough hydrogen to feed the car at full throttle. Flip a switch and the system would start the reaction.

A fewexamples in actioncan be seen here although the first one hascheesy music -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWDZ0RGWBUg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qttQIDBuW5k
And lastly the idea implemented
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVhXrvCCILw

By the way.. the drivewater.com product is probably garbage and a waste of $ as I don't think hydrogen vapor will mix well with gasoline but if it was injected into the intake manifold it would probably increase gas mileage.. but that looks like a small box they're selling so I cant imagine it doing much..

Old 03-30-2008, 09:32 PM
moparmutt
Veteran

I found some info about this a while back. From this website.http://waterpoweredcar.com/hydrobooster.html
It tells how to build one.
I really found the site by accident.
It sounds good. I wouldn't mind building one to "play" with. Put it on my bug and see what happens. I get around 30 mpg(high mileage motor) if I could get 50 that would be great. Plus I have a spare motor if it messes it up.

If it does work. Maybe they don't want us to know about it. [sm=alien.gif]

Old 03-30-2008, 10:27 PM
futil
Veteran

Not to get all conspiracy theory on you guys but 3 of the inventors that hadworking prototypes running in carswere killed or died..I'm not making that up either.. But that hasn't stopped people from designing systems based off of the dead inventors ideas..

If water driven cars catch onhow can corporations sell water to people to fill their cars? Think of all the big oil companies, gas stations, etc that will be out of business.. not to mention the economy impacts.. But.. Screw them and screw the economy.. If it wasn't for their greed we wouldn't need an alternative fuel..

I would definitely recommend building your own as even the drivewater.com site admits that all their parts can be purchased in a hardware store for under $50..

The problem with typical systems is that it takesa LOTamps at low voltage to generate enough hydrogen to operate a car normally so you would just end up with a dead battery at the end of the day because the alternator can't keep up with the demand.. So the easiest solution is to use the system at a lowered amperage and supplement your fuel economy. One inventor, Stan Meyer (http://waterpoweredcar.com/stanmeyer.html- Killed by poisoning) used a high voltage pulse enhanced with electronics that would break the molecular bonds in water which output 1700 times more potential usable hydrogen power than it was consuming(less than 1 amp @ 13 volts).

So a higher voltageusing lower current is definitely more efficient at producing hydrogen in a usable application but there is still more to the equation to have an operational water only car.

But there are enough examples of working engines that are running off of water on the Internet to prove the concept.. Its just working out the longevity of run times which has to do with the power you apply to the reaction chamber and the chamber's design.. There are plenty of efficient chambers on the Internet for sale but knowing the most efficient voltages, pulse rates, frequencies, etc are usually a closely guarded secret by inventors so that info isn't very easy to come by..

Also, there are a lot of people that are using catalyst only chemical reactions to break down the water into hydrogen/oxygen.. But I don't know how cost effective that would be having to keep buying chemicals to add to the water..

Old 03-30-2008, 10:29 PM
client90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, the site you referenced is part of a GR8 marketiing campaign started by a guy that goes by the name of "Ozzie Freedom" he has literally 1000's of "associates" out there selling his wares......

the information he sells is 'open source' info, available for free !!!

the concept is real, his product is bogus, well not entirely, it IS a good science project.

his version, number one, outputs 10% or less of what you need to get the fuel savings he is quoting & number two, do you really want a GLASS jar under your hood as part of a system that produces a HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE GAS ??????????

if you are interested in this concept go check out this site, http://smacksboosters.110mb.com/

i am not affiliated in any way other than i AM currently building/installing a hydroxy booster of this design.

when i get it going on my '07 qcsb 4.7 magnum i will post my results. i currently get ~15.5mpg with only a K&N FIPK intake mod . . . .

mike

Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 PM
futil
Veteran

on a side note.. It could just be that it's not in widespread use because water freezes in winter

Imgine everyone in the neighborhood outside with their hair dryers trying to melt the water in the reaction chamber at 8:00 am before going to work In reality I am sure you can put an electric heater element in the reaction chamber that would melt it in a short time..

Old 03-30-2008, 11:41 PM
maalna2
Rookie

I think BMW has a H2O powered car. Not sure if it is being produced yet but I had read in Car and Driver a while back that they were testing it out. What is crazy is Mythbusters is on right now and they are testing a couple gas saving devices and one is a water to gas one.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:15 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Unreal.....oil companies make pennies at the pump and get taxed NUMEROUS times during the refining process. The federal government makes the most $ of oil than anyone.Oil companiesshow record profits due to their acivivty in the futures market, buying plots at 30 bucks a barrel and coming to fruition at 100+. Its what businesses TRY to do, give me a break...

Old 03-31-2008, 07:35 AM
SWOS Chief
Veteran

Ok, I think I was unclear on what I was saying. I realize the technology exists to make hydrogen energy, my point is that it has not advanced to the point it would work in cars. Yes I know the two metal plate thing, but two metaal plates don't make a car run. And yes I agree partially with the goverment making money on taxes but there is no way you can say the goverment is cashing in on price gases as much as "Big Oil". There are many countries that don't tax gas as much as us, do you think big oil is losing money there? Not a chance. As far as the "conspiracy", well, it is odd but as with most conspiracies I don't buy into it. As much pressure as most politicians are under to get re-elected I think someone would bring technology like this to light, if for no other reason than to make it look like they were helping. I mean hell, wouldn't you vote for the guy/gal that was pushing car and oil companies that made fuel costs almost free?

Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Timmerduder
Veteran

Great info everyone.... Thanks!

keep it coming........

Old 03-31-2008, 12:01 PM
KC9JVC
Rookie

Sounds to me like a system that with a little work could be useful, other than the fact that water can freeze, but why not just plug the vehicle in to some sort of a heater when you're parked

Quick Reply: Water for Fuel???