3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to Forum....Need input

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:08 PM
08Ram1500Girl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum....Need input

Hello All...

Just go my first new vehicle and it had to be a Dodge =)) 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad.... Unfortunately, I have already had a couple probs with it before it had just 900 miles on it. First, I went through automatic carwash and the sunroof lifted up about 1/2 inch off body in the dryer cycle.??.. Freaked out...Anyhow, called to put in for service on a Friday. I went out the following Saturday to go to store and it was raining. After starting truck I went to turn on the windshield wipers...and uh oh....didn't work..unless I pulled up windshield arm outside and hit bottom of it..LOL... Anyhow, after taking it in that Monday and getting the windshield motor and switch replaced the dealership said I would have to bring the truck back the following day for an appointment with body shop for the sunroof. There was just a little spot where you could see daylight when the sunroof was closed all the way. The sunroof was taken out and seal replaced then they put sunroof back in and everything looked great. Couldn't see daylight anymore. Cool... Fixed right....LOL...NOT....Went through car wash the following Saturday and lo and behold...sunroof lifted up this time about 1 inch in dryer cycle. Made another appointment and needless to say after the service manager calling me and us talking for like 25 mins. it has come to the point where they have to contact the engineer at Chrysler and bring this to his attention because there hasn't been any other issues that they have heard of. ??? Anybody....LOL.....If anyone can give any input since it seems the dealer doesn't know. I do love my dodge and plan to only have a dodge...OMG the 09 is sweet.. Almost wish I would of waited..LOL...Anyhow, nice meeting all that actually made it through this whole thread.....=)) Please resond with any input..or just a hey...=))

Old 03-31-2008, 07:14 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New to Forum....Need input

It is your trucks way of saying do not put me through this auto car wash I would never do that to my truck. It is bad for the finish.

Would seem to me they could just replace the entire sunroof if they can not fix it.

Oh yea, welcome. Will move over to the 3rd gen so others can chime in.

Also hit the midwest regional section at the bottom of the site, see you are in MI, we have a MnG in July.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:24 PM
RamItOne

all i have to say is, YA BOUGHT A DODGE

i go to the DIY carwashes.

BTW where are the pics?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:25 PM
08Ram1500Girl

TY for input. I totally understand the car wash thing... Though this is a lease for me...I would probably consider the finish alot more (sorry for whoever may buy it)..But Iam just pretty much dumbfounded with the dealership at this point. I have gone to 3 different car washes and 2 of them are real, real weak ones. They both have like 3 ppl drying off vehicles too..and it even did it in those...I just blows my mind that noone knows whats up. Other then me,, and that's the sunroof..LOL...Anyhow...maybe I will have to check out you's when you come to MI...Have to keep me informed =))

Thanks Again...=))

Old 03-31-2008, 07:27 PM
CarGuyOhio

Have you tried a different dealer? Even though it should not happen service levels differ from dealer to dealer.

I am lucky to have a good one. I stopped in today, down to 3 weeks of warranty. Told them I did not like the way my leather steering wheel was wearing in my Hemi. They ordered me a new one under warranty

Old 03-31-2008, 07:29 PM
vinman966
Professional

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

It is your trucks way of saying do not put me through this auto car wash I would never do that to my truck. It is bad for the finish.

Would seem to me they could just replace the entire sunroof if they can not fix it.

Also hit the midwest regional section at the bottom of the site, see you are in MI, we have a MnG in July.
Those touch less laser type washes aren't that bad. Takes the salt and the dust off at least.

Welcome to the forum by the way RamGirl

Old 03-31-2008, 07:33 PM
CarGuyOhio

ORIGINAL: vinman966

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

Those touch less laser type washes aren't that bad. Takes the salt and the dust off at least.

Welcome to the forum by the way RamGirl
I am **** I will stop at a quarter car wash and wash by hand if I have to.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:37 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I would probably have to agree, stay the hell out of the auto car washes.
Leases are bad, you can't mod the hell out of 'em when you lease them[:@].

Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't buy stuff and install it on my truck[&:].

Hell, working on the truck has become a release for me, a hobby to take my mind off of the daily crap.
Oh well, enough of my rambling. Welcome aboard...

Old 03-31-2008, 07:42 PM
08Ram1500Girl

TY for the welcome vinman966 and 94rt10ohio and ramitone..=) appreciate all the input..Ive only been logged on for about 30 min and already have great input..Thanks Alot....It's been kinda hard not hooking up this truck...The next one def. will be mine..Then the automatic car wash thing will never be an issue..lololol..Lease was 27mths, got it Jan 31. Hoping I can get out of it early..Told salesman when I got this I did kinda wanted to buy one..but really wanted to wait about a yr.. He pretty much said if I get the lease now and buy from them they prob let me out...And like I said earlier the 09's are sweet I think....Changed alot....Anyhow..TY ALL=))

Old 03-31-2008, 07:44 PM
08Ram1500Girl

LOLOLOL...Hammer..you were reading my mind..LOLOLOLOL....Its been driving me nuts and I have only had it for 61 days..LOLOLOL

Quick Reply: New to Forum....Need input