3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flowmaster Cat-Back = more TQ & a Massage!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Vtwin_guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster Cat-Back = more TQ & a Massage!

Hello all, first let me say this forum is great. Alot of good info.
I have a 2007 Quad cab HEMI that I put a Flowmaster cat back on with the 50 series muffler. The sound is AWSOME and it seems to have increased the torque a bit. Just casually pulling away from a stop light it seems to want to launch, maybe it's just my big foot and my s... eating grin[sm=smiley2.gif]
The only problem is the vibration in the seat when crusing. It's like getting a but massage (which isn't always bad) but sometimes it can be annoying. Since it dosn't happen all the time I guess it's from the MDS. What do you think?

Anyway I love the sound and will learn to live with it.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Vtwin_guy
Default RE: Flowmaster Cat-Back = more TQ & a Massage!

Just as an update, I threw the truck on the lift at work and what do you know one of the pipes came out of the muffler.(I need a new impact gun) So the pipe is in and it is much nicer. All my faith is restored in Flowmaster and some lost in myself [sm=smiley24.gif]

Old 04-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Lonestar89

Hey. I got the same pros/cons with my Magnaflow pipes. It sounds GREAT when you take off but when you're cruising and that MDS kicks in here comes the vibrations and the dull sounds. It almost sounds like it's bogging down cuz of the MDS. I guess you don't really notice it until you put duals on 'em.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 AM
dwoods
Professional

glad that you like it but i personally like cherry bombs.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Cat-Back = more TQ & a Massage!