3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gorrilla winches?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:27 PM
austin
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gorrilla winches?

I was looking on ebay at Warn Winches... Well this (to me) "no name" Gorilla winch shows up. It is rated at 12000#s. I am probably not going to buy it, even though it is a lot cheaper!!!

Has anybody heard of that company?

Old 04-02-2008, 09:35 PM
RamItOne
Default RE: Gorrilla winches?

they use dental floss.........

Old 04-02-2008, 09:44 PM
austin
Veteran

Yeah I figured they had to be **** for that price. Just wondering what everybody thought!

Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 PM
RamItOne

what you gotta figure is how often are you gonna use it? 9k is enough to recover most vehicles, if you dont use it often then going with a cheaper brand isnt a bad idea, plus its not as if its rated at 5k. i just doubt the longevity of it if its used on a regular basis.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 AM
austin
Veteran

Well no I wouldn't use it often. Maybe once every 2 months. Still, keep in mind I have have diesel with a lift and 35s. I have been stuck once, and even though it wasnt that bad, it took a lot to get me out. Any 1500 that was stuck like I was could prolly have a lil jeep pull them out. My truck is steady at 8000+. A 9k winch would not help in a lot of cases.

I am going to use the reciever hitch on the front(or rear) of my truck. So the winch will stay in my toolbox unless I needed it out. That way it is out of all the elements.

That winch doesn't look too bad, and at a good price with a warrenty. I would save almost $500 if I bought that instead of a Warn. I would probably rather spend like $200 more and get a mile marker though.

Quick Reply: Gorrilla winches?