3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Who has after market H/U??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Bigbody
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has after market H/U??

i have the pioneer avic d3, it came with the bluetooth adapeter, and ipod cable it also has input for reverse camera, sat radio ready and has sub outputs as well. this is the first pioneer deck i owned always had jvc before but i am pleased with this nav. unit

Old 04-04-2008, 02:44 AM
CMA
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed Pioneer Avic D3. Nice unit. About half the price of flagship models. Nav, IPOD, sound shaping, sub outs, parametric EQ, Bluetooth, sirius.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:47 AM
j54custom
Professional

Hey Bigbody & Cma the avic d3 is what I've been looking at for a while now. The thing is that some ppl on the car audio forum have said that the GPS is not acurete. What is your opinion? good ,bad, decent. I have had Pioneer in my last 4 cars and installed them in 3 of my friends cars. I love them only had a problem with one. So im sure I will like the controls and such on the d3 just curious about the GPS

Old 04-04-2008, 09:57 AM
notto
Rookie

jensenvm9512 payed 599.00 installed and i have the code so you can watch a movie when you are driving

Multimedia receiver with 7 inch motorized swivel touch screen, USB, Bluetooth and PIP

Key Features:
[ul][*]DVD/CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amp (18 watts RMS/60 watts peak x 4 channels)[*]plays CDs, CD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW (including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files), SVCD, VCD, DivX, DVDs, DVD+Rs, and XviD[*]built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity[*]included FREE iPod adapter connection cable[*]2 wireless remotes included (front and rear)[*]1-year Manufacturer's warranty [/ul]
Playback and Audio Features:
[ul][*]picture-in-picture capable[*]dual-zone capable[*]Dolby Digital and Pro-Logic II/5.1 with Time Delay[*]DVD signal-to-noise: ratio 95 dB[*]FM sensitivity: 10 dBf [/ul]
Expandability Options:
[ul][*]remote-mount MediaLink4 auxiliary input module: includes USB connector, minijack, iPod cable connector, and RCA jacks[*]compatible with Jensen navigation system (Jensen NAV101 required and sold separately)[*]XM Satellite Radio-ready (Terk XMD1000 + Jensen JXMC and subscription required and sold separately)[*]2 audio/video inputs[*]2 video outputs[*]rear camera input[*]4 sets of 4-volt preamp outputs [/ul]

In-Dash Receiver Specifications:
[ul][*]Receiver SizeSingle DIN slot with retractable, flip-out screen that may interfere with dash accessories such as A/C vents.[*]Faceplate SecurityN/A[*]Remote ControlYes, 2[*]Peak Power Output60watts x 4channels[*]RMS Power Output18watts x 4channels[*]Preamp RCA Outputs3 Pairs (Front, Rear, and Subwoofer)[*]Sub Preamp RCA OutputYes[*]Preamp Voltage4volts[*]Built-In EqualizerN/A[*]Display Type7" TFT-LCD Monitor[*]Display ColorFull Color[*]Button ColorN/A[*]CD Signal-to-NoiseN/A[*]Warranty1-year Manufacturer's [/ul]
Playback Features:
[ul][*]AM/FM TunerYes[*]FM Presets18[*]AM Presets12[*]CD-R/RW PlaybackYes[*]MP3 PlaybackYes[*]WMA PlaybackYes[*]DVD / Video PlaybackYes (DVD, DVD+R/RW, SVCD, VCD, AVI, MPEG-1/2, XviD, DivX) [/ul]
Expandability Features:
[ul][*]AUX InputFront (3.5mm) and Rear (RCA)[*]USB InputFront[*]iPod ReadyYes (Built-in/Included iPod Adapter and Controls)[*]Satellite Radio ReadyXM Satellite Radio Ready (Terk XMD1000 + Jensen JXMC Required)[*]HD Radio ReadyNo[*]Bluetooth ReadyYes (Built-in Bluetooth Controls, Adapter and Microphone Included)[*]CD Changer ControlsNo[*]Memory Card ReaderYes - SD [/ul]

Old 04-04-2008, 10:54 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

i got a Pioneer 9200 or somethin like that...top of the line Pioneer from about 1 1/2 yrs ago, i love it.....pretty different from over Pioneer H/U's i've had but it's pretty nice, think i paid like $400 for it and bout 10 min of my own time installing it

Old 04-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Bigbody
Professional

I find mine is pretty accurate it has a option on the routes and somtimes it comes up with long routes but u can choose between two or three and u can choose to avoid highways and it also has available traffic either through Sirius or fm

Old 04-04-2008, 06:31 PM
CMA
Professional

ORIGINAL: j54custom

Hey Bigbody & Cma the avic d3 is what I've been looking at for a while now. The thing is that some ppl on the car audio forum have said that the GPS is not acurete. What is your opinion? good ,bad, decent. I have had Pioneer in my last 4 cars and installed them in 3 of my friends cars. I love them only had a problem with one. So im sure I will like the controls and such on the d3 just curious about the GPS
The GPS is very accurate. It depends where you put the antenna. I made a custom braket and put it under the right speaker hole in the dash. Tracks perfectly. I like watching the full color map as i drive around.

The complaint ive heard of the avic is that the routing software isnt that good. It will calculate routes, but sometimes doesnt always pick the best route.For instance instead of routing you backward to get on the freeway, it will pick a more direct route which has less freeway time but is longer overall. I havent experienced this, but ive only had it a week. It does have abilty to pick alternate routes but I havent tried this yet.

The POI database is very good and whereever you are you can find restaurants, stores, gas stations that are exactly what you need/want.

THe stereo is excellent and has flexible EQ and sound staging with sub outs and built in crossover and HPFs. Very good audio HU.

The menu system is a little convoluted and getting to the ipod menu, you have to go thru the AV menu first. IPOD integration works great as far as i can tell.

It can be hacked so you can play DVDs while on the road. I havent tried this yet. Also havent installed the bluetooth or sirius modules yet. This weekend.

I like it alot and with the rebate its around 600 for the D3X (which has ipod, blutooth, and remote control).

Old 04-04-2008, 07:29 PM
j54custom
Professional

Thanks for the input fellas sounds like it is still gonna be on the top of my list. Still gonna search around a little more though. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Who has after market H/U??