3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Complete Custom Exhaust System Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:37 PM
RedRam2005
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete Custom Exhaust System Help

Alright guys I have an 05 QCSB Ram 1500 4x4 with the 4.7 V8. I just purchased a flowmaster DOR system with 2.5in pipes and I alsopurchased a 40series mufflerthat I am going to put on. That is all going on this sat. The goal is to eventually be able to run true duel from the headers back when I get the money. note I am 18 and am paying for college, my car payment, my insurance, and my gas. So in a year or so I would be looking into getting headers and I am looking at the gibson's. Are they a good brand or should I look for something else? remember that price is an issue. Also I want to get an x-pipe, which I have heard is really good, but I don't know where to look for one and I am also not a welder by any means. But from there I wan't to run dual straights going back through magnaflow high flow cat converters and then either an AT of magnaflow muffler on each pipe. Then send those through the rest of the flowmaster pipes and out the back. Is that possible to do or am I forcedintolookingfor acustom muffler shop? All opinions about the headers, pipes, cat convert's, and mufflers are very welcome. Also with a system like this what type of performance increases will i get vs the 40series flowmasters with everything else stock and how loud will it sound?
Thanks,
Eric

Old 04-04-2008, 07:26 PM
RedRam2005
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Complete Custom Exhaust System Help

Does anyone have anything for me? I really need the help on this one.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:39 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i am doing same thing. i am installing my 40 delta tomorow with custom piping after the cats.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:10 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Learn to weld. It's so much easier now than 20 years ago when I was your age learning to weld with a stick welder. Go get a nice inexpensive (like under $300) 110 volt MIG/Wire Feed welder and practice for a few hours on some scrap metal. Wire feeds are so easy you'll be able to weld anything you need for basic truck/home projects and repairs in a day or two. You may not have the prettiest welds, but with only a couple of days practice, they'll be as strong as anyone's.
Then you can tackle ANY exhaust project and won't be limited to the "bolt on" kits...

Quick Reply: Complete Custom Exhaust System Help