3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anti spin!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008 | 09:28 AM
tafet
Professional
Default RE: anti spin!!

I went with detroit. I've only put 3000 miles on it, but I love it. Truck doesn't turn into the 1 wheel wonder when I punch the gas off the line. It transfers power very well. I've had it on the highway and mountain roads with a lot of switchbacks and 15-20% grades. I had to replace the factory unit for the c-clip issue. If money is an issue the Auburn is also a very well built unit.

Old 04-05-2008 | 11:00 AM
tigman250
Rookie

are the Auburns and Detroits simply a swap out, or do they require measuring, shimming and backlash adjustments? i would love to add a limited slip to my Ram and if i could remove the center section swap ring gear and re-install i will most certainly do it. if tuning is required i will probably keep struggling with the open rear end

Old 04-05-2008 | 01:26 PM
Az2500Cummins08

What exactly is the anti spin? I know what it does, but how? I dont have the anti spin on mine, and both my wheels spin when I break them loose.

Old 04-05-2008 | 02:05 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

ORIGINAL: tigman250

are the Auburns and Detroits simply a swap out, or do they require measuring, shimming and backlash adjustments? i would love to add a limited slip to my Ram and if i could remove the center section swap ring gear and re-install i will most certainly do it. if tuning is required i will probably keep struggling with the open rear end
deffinitly requires measurements and shims...anytime you pull the diff carrier and are putting a new one in, you need to go through and do the measurements and get it set right...if you don't then your just asking for problems down the road

az2500...anti-spin is just the same as limited slip....just puts power to both wheels all the time...think of it kind of like a Posi(in a way)

Old 04-05-2008 | 04:25 PM
Bucky
Rookie

ORIGINAL: jortiz9758

Hey...how would one know if you have antispin in the truck or not...I have an 07 4x2 QC....with tow package. I recently posted thatI had gone to the track and thought my burnout was a little weak...lol
Look at the data sheet in your glove box, it will tell you your rear end gears and it will say "no slip rear end" or something to that effect.

Old 04-05-2008 | 07:12 PM
CMA
Professional

If you accelerate out of a tight turn (say powering out of a side street onto a main road), you can get the power down with the LSD. Without the LSD, you are going to get wheelspin and not much forward momentum until you get the truck straightened out.

Should also help significantly get the power down in rain and snow.

The LSD enables you to do some "drifting" with your truck. This is power induced oversteer as opposed to brake induced which I dont recommend with the truck. You punch it hard when powering through a tight turn and the back will step out. Countersteer so you dont lose control. Fun.

I autocross with the SCCA and I am actually kind of impressed with the LSD. It works as intended.

Quick Reply: anti spin!!