3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

You know what is really getting old....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:58 AM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You know what is really getting old....

People asking me what gas millage I get in my truck. Every time I am filling up somebody will chuckle "man I bet that hurts" "what millage do you get in that thing?"

well, probably about 14-15 average.

"OHH OUCH that sucks"

l[:@]ike I was tricked into buying a 5.7l engine in a fullsize truck. Like I thought that this would be the same as my S10 I traded in on it.

NO, I know that I don't get the best gas millage. but I love my truck. I like to press on the gas and it GO! I like how big it is. I feel that the cost in gas is justified since I don't have to drive a little saturn around.

and you know what I will do when gas hits $4.00? Ride the bike!

but then I will have to get crap for not wearing a helmet[:@]

ok thanks for listening, but I think it happened for the 25th time last night at the pump.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:22 PM
daytona1680
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: You know what is really getting old....

I get this question alot, and you should see the look on people's face's when I tell them I get anywhere from 10-12 mpg (alot of stop and go around here+my heavy foot) A guy on another forum pretty much summed up how I feel about my truck here is what he said "I'm going to drive my 8mpg gas hog into the ground, andto hell with fuel prices" ...In 2 yrs when gas prices are $10 a gallonhere is what I will be driving....Well the picture didnt come up, its a pic of my truck.lol

Old 04-09-2008, 12:30 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not sure I have had anyone ask me about that with my Hemi, maybe the fact it is a RC people think it is small....

The Viper I get it. But I get things from how many MPGs, to how much per month, insurance, yada yada.... It is people who just really do not know much about cars, and trucks for that matter. Next time someone asks, just say you are happy they have a little car burning less gas as it makes more for us.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:32 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

haha i hate the people who always pull that crap... i'm like yea gas prices suck... however i use my truck as a truck and cant justify anything else to be my vehicle.... so they can go play in their prius and i will do my driving...

Old 04-09-2008, 12:39 PM
texas_rebel_1980
Professional

what i like is the look on their face when i tell them it gets about 28mpg. i let them believe it if they are that naive.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My father in law asks me that same question at least once a month. Needless to say, I tell him something different everytime. I have said 10 mpg, all the way up to 25 mpg. Kinda funny to pick on a 75 yr old cuban...LOL!!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:13 PM
eltupac
All Star

ORIGINAL: texas_rebel_1980

what i like is the look on their face when i tell them it gets about 28mpg. i let them believe it if they are that naive.
I've done this one too. I told them 30, since its a V6 ya know. The first thing they say is "naaahh". All I say is "you ask".

You know what else is getting old, "what size tire can I put on my truck". But that would be hijacking.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:43 PM
SWOS Chief
Veteran

Your nicer than me. When someone chuckles and says some smartass comment I tell them that I have the new geneeration MDS that shut down 6 of 8 cyliders and even runs on compressed air in the air tank in my bed. The air tank is charged while it is paked at night and plugged in to charge the batteries also. Then I let them know that I can turn that option on and off, allowing me to run on all 8 cylinders at the normal ungodly gas rate. Best part is, the goverment uses their tax money to reimburse my gas expenses because it is an experimental vehicle, so, I just run it on all 8 cylinders constantly, sucking gas like crazy, since, well, it's the smartass' tax money that fills my tank anyways! By the time I get done telling them that I am usually full and they are thoroughly pissed so they start asking questions, I politely say I have to go but thanks for the free gas.

I am not well liked in my area.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:14 PM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain

HAHAHHAHAHHA thats great....such a nice excuse....*yeah my truck runs off of compressed air and about a dab of gas*....thats awesome

Old 04-09-2008, 04:56 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

AMEN! I HATE THAT QUESTION!!

Quick Reply: You know what is really getting old....