3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

160k Miles Too Much??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
G0tMudd
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 160k Miles Too Much??

ORIGINAL: oefootball_70

Well, I would be one to go for it. sounds like a real good deal to me.

but see, you get what you pay for.

Getting a truck that has problems that you cant see or tell like **** that happens after having it for 2 months is what will kill it. There is a reason why he is selling it so low. From personal exp dont buy a truck/car with over 100K miles on it unless if its a dessial. Things are almost all car's/tranks get owned after 80K miles and there is no way he has replaced everything. It will be a money pit the best thing to do is if u can buy a new one might not have all the options you want but it will have warenty etc etc in the long run that will save you. Its better to have a 250 truck payment insteaded of a 800-1200 repare bill + the time from work + the time to get it etc etc.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:38 PM
FastKart

first of all, thanks for all of your responses

the thing is, that i dont live in the united states, i live en central america, so i cant buy a new one.

the price of the truck is minus the introduction taxes, thats about 1k plus shipping,so in total thats about 5k for this truck(yea, i know, its a lot of money for a 2002 truck, but down here whe dont get your prices, its more expensive) and i know people that pay almost the double for a truck like this

my main concern is the engine and the trans, cause the interior and exterior is in very good shape, i would rate it8.5 out of 10 but has a tons of miles.

for example, its going to have an oil leak and a compresion test, whats the cyl compresion of this engine?

i wont be a daily driver, i own another mopar (im a mopar fanatic) as a daily driver, i want this pickup cause i drive go karts (tony kart/Leopard) and i would use it 3.. 4 times a month

and, sorry, but i dont speak english so i am trying to write the best i can in english, sorry for my bad english

Old 04-15-2008, 05:42 PM
FastKart

also, if you could provide me some links where i can find engine,trans parts for this trucks

thanks again

Old 04-15-2008, 05:44 PM
FastKart

ORIGINAL: G0tMudd

ORIGINAL: oefootball_70

Well, I would be one to go for it. sounds like a real good deal to me.

but see, you get what you pay for.

Getting a truck that has problems that you cant see or tell like **** that happens after having it for 2 months is what will kill it. There is a reason why he is selling it so low. From personal exp dont buy a truck/car with over 100K miles on it unless if its a dessial. Things are almost all car's/tranks get owned after 80K miles and there is no way he has replaced everything. It will be a money pit the best thing to do is if u can buy a new one might not have all the options you want but it will have warenty etc etc in the long run that will save you. Its better to have a 250 truck payment insteaded of a 800-1200 repare bill + the time from work + the time to get it etc etc.

true, maybe i should consider buying a newfrontier or a toyota hilux, 90% of the trucks on the road down here are hilux/frontiers [:@]

Old 04-15-2008, 05:47 PM
FastKart

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

that's a lot of miles.

Not directing this just at you, but I'm sick of people asking if something is a good buy and then not list the price.

Has the tranny been rebuilt yet, if it hasn't get ready for it to take fat dump on you, won't be more than 2k to replace. But hope you're not paying more than 2k for the truck.
thats one of my main concerns, i realy dont know how to tell if it has been rebuilt or not

Old 04-15-2008, 05:48 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: FastKart

the thing is, that i dont live in the united states, i live en central america, so i cant buy a new one.

hell ill drive you down a brand new 08 if i get 4 kilos of some cocaine...... pre cut, dont want none of that mannitol crap in it.. lol

yeah some guy on here in denmark spent close to 40k on a 5 year old dodge gasser.....

Old 04-15-2008, 05:56 PM
FastKart

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

ORIGINAL: FastKart

hell ill drive you down a brand new 08 if i get 4 kilos of some cocaine...... pre cut, dont want none of that mannitol crap in it.. lol

yeah some guy on here in denmark spent close to 40k on a 5 year old dodge gasser.....

sorry, i dont sell drugs [sm=rolleyes.gif]

Old 04-15-2008, 06:06 PM
RamItOne

where in cent am?
ive flown into nicaragua and spent a few weeks in costa rica surfing...

as far as websites just google for them, there are a lot of website links on this site so click on em here....
one thing tho shipping will really add up the cost for you....

Old 04-18-2008, 01:33 AM
roadney
Professional

I have never bought a car with less than 100k on it, it is a waste of money. I have never had to replace an engine or tranny in any of my vehicles. Check out the vehicle and if it runs great and doesn't have anything wrong with it you should buy it. Also find out if the truck was used for towingor hauling stuff. Highway miles are the best, doesn't put much wear on the car, but the high miles will reduce the price.

Quick Reply: 160k Miles Too Much??