3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suggestions on dropping my truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 PM
De pinga!
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suggestions on dropping my truck

Imagine atruck as a giant 5000lb weight suspended above the wheels. When you turn, that weight is shifted opposite of the direction by gravity trying to compensate for the force. This is what’s known as body roll. This is what spills your coffee. This is due to a high center of gravity in combination with saggy springs. When you install lowering springs, you are reducing the center of gravity therefore creating less resistance on the chassis through the turns. This will result in quicker steering response and crisper road feel. I was doing it for HANDLING andlooksnot only speed. Ithink your mad my truck looks better and when i'm done lowering it... DRIVE BETTER TOO.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 PM
CHKN

do the flip kit but u may have to do sum welding on the axle perches, i did, and had to use 6 degrees shims

Old 04-15-2008, 11:59 PM
RamItOne

if thnking that makes you happy. Think I'll even put rodriguez in old english letters on my rear windshield so I can be one of the cool people when I go to dade county.
Watch out for speed bumps and pot holes.

If you're gonna lower your truck, do it the right way with bags and switches so you won't be like most of the other pendejos that'll buy the cheap diy kit and slap some steeckers on their truck.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:08 AM
De pinga!
Professional

Ramit Miami for your info is NOT Texas or cali Your talking about Mexicans which are mostly in TEXAS and Cali. And wouldnt air bags make going through pot holes and bumps SMOOTHER.. or is thinking that just making me happy... I think a lifted truck is a meaner more heavy duty truck "granted" but you have to admit some trucks look and have better handling in the city.[:-]

Old 04-16-2008, 12:21 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't bother reasoning with him. You'll just but heads. He disagrees with you to the grave, even if he realizes he might be wrong.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:33 AM
RamItOne

manny I realize that south fla are cubans and ricans, I grew up in fla, while Tex and calif have mexicans, just a geographic diff. Of course airbags would help thats why I said do it that way instead of doing it the cheap way like some have said. Do it right or dont do it at all, at least you're dropping a 2wd truck, only thing dumber than dropping a 4x4 is putting a suspension lift on a 2wd truck. Yall know who you are.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:38 AM
De pinga!
Professional

Thank you.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

craigslist should have some bags for sale. i sold my 2 jlw6's last year to an asian guy. before he got them from me, he had to make a stop to sell his bags. 4 bags... $500. cheap ****! id check craigslist for sure!! everyone seems to forget about craigslist. lol. ebay this, ebay that.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:46 AM
RamItOne

highduke why did I see you on their personals section? LOL

if anyone hasn't scoped out craigslist personals theyre funny as hell. The best was when I was in NYC, found one that said big black woman with STD. Ha!!!!

highduke can I say black or should I pull out the crayola?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:51 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

dude, you found me?!?! i knew it! you ARE a gay guy! jeez.

crayola please. you wont get in trouble with jesse and al

LOL!!!

Quick Reply: Suggestions on dropping my truck