3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR TRUCK GET STOLEN BY OTHER IDIOTS!! THEN READ THIS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:57 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR TRUCK GET STOLEN BY OTHER IDIOTS!! THEN READ THIS!!!

well now theres always dif ways to look at it.... your vehicle allows you to get to work so it does make you money. and if you bought a toyota instead of an american vehicle you wouldnt lose as much money......

Old 04-17-2008, 07:18 PM
RAM0447
Professional
Default RE: IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR TRUCK GET STOLEN BY OTHER IDIOTS!! THEN READ THIS!!!

I don't care how much my truck depreciates. I'll always keep it lookin like a 20 thousand dollar truck since I love it so much. It is a money pit, but if you get your use (fun+commuting of course) and plan on keeping it a long time, I would say it really doesn't matter.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:33 PM
cr80renob
Captain

If my truck ever gets stolen, I don't want to see it again... More than likely the thieves will tear the truck apart. Just give me the insurance $ and I will buy another ram! lol

Old 04-17-2008, 09:36 PM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran

ORIGINAL: RAM0447

I don't care how much my truck depreciates. I'll always keep it lookin like a 20 thousand dollar truck since I love it so much. It is a money pit, but if you get your use (fun+commuting of course) and plan on keeping it a long time, I would say it really doesn't matter.
Your truck is looking good with some Earth slung all over it!
And yeah, as long as my truck gets me from point A to point B, it's an investment to me. Not all "investments" yield monetary returns.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:54 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: StevenMoffettKY

Not all "investments" yield monetary returns.
think thats bear sterns new motto

Old 04-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Ben D.
Champion

that's how I feel lol. some idiot told me "you shoulda gotten a ford they have better resale" and I told him yea well dodge makes a better truck so I won't have to worry about reselling it lol. shut his *** up.

I'm gonna do that as well. getting the 7900 with GPS tracking. gonna do a clutch bypass just so if I ever want to do remstart I can. but I will tell you that doing remstart on newer dodge truck suck. keyless entry is a bitch. door locks trigger through resistance.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:54 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dodge ram is one of popular full size truck that get been stolen. i got that from insurance qoute

Old 04-17-2008, 11:15 PM
RamItOne

when i bought mine new, my year make model qc 4x4 was the 3rd most common stolen veh in my county

Old 04-17-2008, 11:16 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: 04 HEMI 04

dodge ram is one of popular full size truck that get been stolen. i got that from insurance qoute
theft is charged under your comprehensive premium which covers other types of loses, so when they are telling you that they are giving you an idiots answer to why their rates are high. ask them to break down you prem and find out just what you comp prem is..

Old 04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

ORIGINAL: 04 HEMI 04

i found a website which it is popular products for any cars.

it has gps tracking, remote start, opens the door just like ur old dodge key remote.

u can get tracking system, here the website. http://viper.com/Products/GPSTracking.aspx

key remote that goes up to 1 mile transmitter to ur car. http://viper.com/Products/SecurityRemoteStart.aspx

sure, U know VIPER products.

i am getting one with gps tracking

sorry about grammers but i dont care.
Try this www.gps-switch.com $400.00 for the unit $15.00 per month. Can be used in anything mobile, Good features. Fits in pocket.

Quick Reply: IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR TRUCK GET STOLEN BY OTHER IDIOTS!! THEN READ THIS!!!