3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Realy Loud Tick

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:53 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Realy Loud Tick

ORIGINAL: mmstar23

at work today i went out and looked at the problem in more detail and a co-worker said its not missing a nut...its a bolt that goes into the manifold....and the reson why i thought it was a stud that needed a nut was because the damn thing broke! thank god the stud didnt break inside the manifold....atleast i can take some pliers and take it out..... so now instead of bolting it back down...i have to remove the wheel well, take off my headers and take out the bolt, then go to dodge to buy a new one....****!
I'm confused, you broke off a bolt when installing headers and didn't know it....or you still have stock manifolds and one rotted off?

Old 04-19-2008, 02:02 PM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got my manifolds tightened and my tick is gone...good lookin out, guys!

Old 04-20-2008, 10:34 PM
mmstar23
Champion

sorry severe...wasnt using correct terminology. the exhaust manifold bolts were broken. i dont have headers. but i went to dodge picked up 2 of those bolts and $4.95 later and a little time of takng off my wheel well and putting the bolts in that damn tick is GONE.

thanks for all the help guys! PROBLEM SOLVED

Old 04-20-2008, 11:36 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Oh...ok, I was only wondering because I have a bad rattle/tick http://youtube.com/watch?v=HOy1cm5CcXsand you're not the first top have probs with the manifolds. I tightened mine yesterday and they were pretty loose...the damn tick is still there though. So far i've eliminated the manifolds and the EGR...it must be internal [:@]

Old 04-20-2008, 11:40 PM
mmstar23
Champion

if you can, take a vid of the truck just running, not driving when you first turn it on in the morning. you might want to look at the gasket on the manifold too. see if theres black stuff around it too. where my leak on the manifold was, there was black around it where the exhaust was seeping out.

Quick Reply: Realy Loud Tick