3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My 07 failed inspection.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:32 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My 07 failed inspection.

WOW! Inspections? I live in CO and unless you live in Denver there are absolutely no inspections! And even if you live in Denver you only have an emissions test! No restrictions on what you can or can't do to your truck! Lift it how ever the F*C@ you want!

Old 04-20-2008, 09:07 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Florida used to have inspections many years ago. They were a complete joke. I took cars through there I didn't even like driving to the inspection station. Bad brakes, worn-out wiper blades, you name it. All passed with flying colors. Plus it would sometimes take two or three hours to get the inspection done. Bob Graham put a halt to that nonsense. That was over thirty years ago.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:09 PM
19ramslt98

the shock may not feel bad but if it is leaking fluid it failes a maine state inpection the trans leak should not fail it unless it is leaking on the exhaust and yes the warenty should cover both 3-36 bumber to bumper is just as it sounds and definetly if it fails for inspecton here in maine it is not only if it is bad now it must be "safe" for the year to come and i think that alot of the inspection laws here suck as well

Old 04-20-2008, 12:12 PM
07hemipower

May be i am wrong about the strut. it looks like a shock with a coil spring attached to it. to me i call it a strut. i was under the truck with the guy who was doing the inspection. I pointed it out to him becuase i noticed it when i was changing my oil the night before.my front right lower control arm is covered in what looks like oil or hydrolic fluid. my be it is just a shock. I will admit it if i was wrong.(i wasn't paying to much attention to it, i was amazed at how much fluid came out if it) I didn't fail becuase of the tranny just for the shock/strut. I am glad it was found now. i was getting it inspected now b/c i was going toput the 2 1/2" lift on the front today(sunday). so for anyone who has leveled there truck. is the spring attaced to the shock or did i look at it wrong? if it isn't this is going to be a whole lot easier.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Az2500Cummins08

I dont understand why Maine has such strict rules. With some of the roads they have up there, It should be necessary to lift your truck 10 inches and put some 40's on it. I am glad Arizona in not like that. If we had those rules, there wouldnt be anything to do, and there would be alot of people out of business. I can lift my truck as high as I want in Az, as long as it is safe and you have mud flaps you are golden. When I was in high school there was a guy with a 79 chevy pickup, single cab short bed, I dont know how high it was lifted, but his buddy parked his f250 under him all the time.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Heminator2
Rookie

Maine apparently has some strange politicians and laws. When we worked claims up there in 98, we were not allowed to smoke anywhere in public, including streets or sidewalks. They were considering banning smoking in vehicles. I would not live there for all the tea in China.

Quick Reply: My 07 failed inspection.