3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My 07 failed inspection.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:46 PM
07hemipower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 07 failed inspection.

Question My 07 ram failed the state of maine inspection. for a blown out right front strut. also it has a leaking transmision pan do you guys think it is all covered under warrenty. I only have 12,000 miles on it and i have never been of road in it, in most states you would consider the pavment we have to be off road but thats besides the point. i didnt get chargedfor the inspectionbut he told me to get my tranny fixed soon be fore it turns in to a bigger prolem.. . the thing i dont understand is i can't tell at all that the strut is blown. i push down on the front end and it goes down and comes right back up, no bounce in it what so ever. My truck sat for 6 months while i was gone on deployment do you thin that could have anything to do with it.

Thanks in advance

Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 PM
tigman250
Rookie
Default RE: My 07 failed inspection.

sounds like you need to move to a diffrent state, those inspectors would have a field day here in MI when they saw some of the junk people put on the road.

everything should be under warrenty but call your dealer to be sure.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:58 PM
RamItOne

they dont have a ****ty side of town? just go to one of the state inspection stations there. tranny should be covered

Old 04-19-2008, 10:02 PM
bradsalex
Amateur

Sorry about the inspection man. I know what tigman is talking about, i am from Maine myself and i'm currently stationed in Virginia. some of the hunks of junk here are rediculous.

There was a guy where i am from, don't know if he's still around, in Chesterville, Norms. If you brought him a 12pack he would inspect anything. Got busted a few times for it too.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:09 PM
07hemipower

ya i am stationed at NASB here in maine. The guy at the auto hobby shop who was doing the inspection doesn't evan agree with the laws here in maine. you can only go up two tire sizes from stock, what kinda of BS is that, you can't evan lift your truck in this state. there are always the back woods garages that will pass any ones inspection. but i dont know any of those guys

Old 04-19-2008, 10:26 PM
bradsalex
Amateur

yeah, i love my state but their laws are rediculous. i think the way it goes is that the front bumper cant be more than 27" from the ground and the rear 29". so that basicaly puts a stop to all lifts, but like hemipower said there are always people that will do it anyway. although i once had an inspector try to fail me because my rear windows had FACTORY tint on them. took him a while to understand it. if you think the tire and lift laws are bad, they get real **** about exaust and stereo systems too. but like i said, i depends on where you are.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:31 PM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm maybe thats one good thing with Cali laws. I have never heard of inspections except for commercial stuffor regulating lifts( hear they go by the height of the headlights so people with 14" lifts pust the headlights in the bumpers. If the strut isnt leaking and it acts normal i dont see how the guy determined it to be bad. As far as a tranny oil pan, mine leaks and i don't have any waranty so does anyone know of a aftermarket.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:37 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

AndI though California had some BS vehicle laws...the only inspections we have is smog. So you guys have to have your whole vehicle inspected every few years?

Old 04-19-2008, 11:48 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

ORIGINAL: SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

AndI though California had some BS vehicle laws...the only inspections we have is smog. So you guys have to have your whole vehicle inspected every few years?
every few years? wow.... I wish i had that luck.... Once a year.... every year... horrible.... I've never heard of a leak deeming any vehicle un-inspectable... I think you need a second opinion.... take it else where.... and if you do have a leaky tranny... and warranty is a concern? take it to the dealer... or call them... And sorry if i take this seriously.... but a strut? Where in your truck do you have one? I have a 07 1500 and i have leaf's in the rear... special red shocks( not that that means much) and up front i have coils springs and more of those "special" red shocks... Maybe this person does'nt know what they are doing....

Old 04-20-2008, 12:09 AM
whiteonrice
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep I was bitchin about Kalifornia but now I feel better. BTW the truck doesn't have struts it does have shocks. There was another guy on here who had his truck in Korea and his shocks were shot too with less mileage than yours. Should all be covered under warranty. Still can't believe they can turn you down for a trans leak. Is there a lot of Sierra Club Greenie type wackos in charge in Maine?

Rick

Quick Reply: My 07 failed inspection.