3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:57 PM
papap
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC problem

I have a 2006 Ram 1500. The problem is the the AC does not blow very hard sometime. You can hear the fan motor its doing its job. It just is not coming out the vent. It will be work great then you park the truck for a little while and it barely blows out the vents. The dodge shop told me it was the fresh air control box. I bought the part and when to a buddy's body shop to get him to change it out. Dodge wanted 500 bucks to change it. After looking at the part all it does is change from outside air to inside. Does not not look like this could be the problem. Also you can see it working when you turn the control. Is it possible that the controler is bad or should I look at something else????? Help please Thanks.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AC problem

i had this problem with my 06 too. you could hear the doors moving but the door open/closing to the outside air did not close all the way do to a part broke. Air speed was not as fast coming out and the air was not as cold.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1136192/mpa...tm.htm#1136192

good luck on resolving the problem.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Barb3r

My friend has a chevy truck and said that there is a filter to change for the a/c under the dash somewhere.Do we have
those or is it just a chevy thing?

Old 04-20-2008, 05:48 PM
jstmahoney
Captain

I know that the 02-05's have no cabin air filter but i don't know about the 06-08's.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:06 PM
abarmby
Champion

Is your AC condenser fan running?
Check the fan cooling the small radiator in the front drivers side of the engine bay.
If your AC is on, the fan should be running strong.
If it's not running strong or not at all, that;s your problem.
Al.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:09 PM
RamItOne

06 has a cabin air... at least i saw a site selling them..

Old 04-20-2008, 06:32 PM
papap
Rookie

The outside air door should be on the suction side of the fan right??? If it is it should have noting to do on how hard the fan blows thru the vents. Abarmby You can hear the inside fan blowing hard. It just is not coming out the vents. Then water starts to form on the box next to the passager feet.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:40 PM
papap
Rookie

Someone on Dodge Talk told me to drop the fan and look up in the box. Sure enough he was right. I took the fan down and the door had broken off. It was sitting right on top of the intake. I was able to remove the door. Now I guess I'll have to replace the door. The part is 50 bucks but Dodge want 500 bucks to replace it. The parts guy had the part number pinned on the wall. I'm guessing it breaks pretty often. My buddy that has the bodyshop call Dodge and they had a bunch in stock. sounds like this should be a recall item.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:13 PM
papap
Rookie

Anyone know where to find instruction on removing the dash to change out the fresh air box??????????????????

Quick Reply: AC problem