3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P0456

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Iowadodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0456

I have gotten this code twice within 2 weeks. 03 1500 Hemi QC 4x4. Says "verysmall evap leak detected".Checked the gas cap both times and it is on tight. I cleared it the first time and it was fine for about 5 days then it came back. No noticeable effects of the leak(performance, mileage etc.), but it annoys me to have that light on all the time. I am reluctant to take it to the dealer because they are so ridiculously expensive ($65 just to read the codes!). Does anyone know what's going on here so I can avoid going to the dealer? Thanks

Old 04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P0456

$65 to read the code? That would be pointless. You just told us the code and Autozone will do it for free. Just go in, tell em the code you've had pulled and get an estimate for repair.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:29 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: P0456

YEup AUTOZONE will hook up for free. Also I think you can buy your own code reader for 40-50 bucks.

On subject... First find a new dealerchip, they bent you over once... so Im sure they will do it again and again.

Second, you say your cap is good? You could stop buy any place that does state inspections.. they should be able to check your gas cap to see if it is sealing completely.

Could it be you just had bad luck at getting the secure all the way?

Keep us posted.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Quick Reply: P0456