3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Acetone increasing MPG ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:41 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Acetone increasing MPG ?

ORIGINAL: derricksmash

****, i'll try it.
sure dealer will find acetone in gas cuz they'll test the gas.
dealer will rip u off with acetone **** and void the warranty.

it did happen to my friends 1999 dodge ram. it died on him when he was heading to work.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:50 PM
De pinga!
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what dealer tests the gas? if they did which i doubt he can say he doesnt know maybe someone putting a prank on him... i wouldnt do it. but hey..

Old 04-24-2008, 03:18 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

to do or not to do. lol.

how abotu i just fill my whole tank with acetone?

Old 04-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Bones1274
Professional

So much for the conspiracy theory of the government paying off TV shows/stationsto not saythat acetone is bad......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18909941/

Old 04-24-2008, 04:37 PM
De pinga!
Professional

there is no conspiracy huh, Why is it that all oil companies raise their prices “equally†on the same day? Why is it that they have bought up every patent for carbuerators that would increase gas mileage? Why is it that the Auto makers switched from those carbuerators to fuel injection? The latter move sure wasn’t done to improve fuel economy, it was the only way they could ensure that “shade tree†mechanics wouldn’t be able to effectively work on cars. The conspiracy exists, The question is, How long before Americans get tired of paying for it?
One further thought, There was a man a few years back who bought a new truck. He immediately noticed that he was getting better gas mileage than the vehicle was supposed to get. When he took it to the dealership for preventive maint., he mentioned how good the gas mileage was. The dealership checked and found that the truck was made to be sold in Europe, not the U.S.. They contacted the manufacturer, who contacted him. They offered him his choice of vehicles to give them back this vehicle. He refused, stating that he was happy and had no intention of giving up the truck. I don’t think you could call that coincedence. Why, if they have the technology to improve gas mileage for European vehicles, don’t they do it for American sold cars? It’s a conspiracy.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:56 PM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: De pinga!

yeah but do you really think the government is gonna let someone announce on public tv aceteone can save you lots of money on gas and take away money from them? i doubt it. The government is all a scam... im not saying it works cuz i dont know...ive read a lot about this subject nad i see more claims than no claims... the government will lose billions ans billions of dollars each year cuz of this... they are NOT gonna announce it. Just like they said smoking weed used to make people suicidal and kmake you kill people... they can easily pay "the mythbusters" to simply... lie. We're talkin major bucks here.. think about it. It just may work... but ill wait till it a proven fact before even thinking about adding acetone to my truck. Hope this gets cleared up soon.

maybe not, but they certanly WOULD sell "American go juice" not tell you what goes in it and tax it.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:04 PM
RamWood
Professional

ORIGINAL: De pinga!

there is no conspiracy huh, Why is it that all oil companies raise their prices “equally†on the same day? Why is it that they have bought up every patent for carbuerators that would increase gas mileage? Why is it that the Auto makers switched from those carbuerators to fuel injection? The latter move sure wasn’t done to improve fuel economy, it was the only way they could ensure that “shade tree†mechanics wouldn’t be able to effectively work on cars. The conspiracy exists, The question is, How long before Americans get tired of paying for it?
One further thought, There was a man a few years back who bought a new truck. He immediately noticed that he was getting better gas mileage than the vehicle was supposed to get. When he took it to the dealership for preventive maint., he mentioned how good the gas mileage was. The dealership checked and found that the truck was made to be sold in Europe, not the U.S.. They contacted the manufacturer, who contacted him. They offered him his choice of vehicles to give them back this vehicle. He refused, stating that he was happy and had no intention of giving up the truck. I don’t think you could call that coincedence. Why, if they have the technology to improve gas mileage for European vehicles, don’t they do it for American sold cars? It’s a conspiracy.
Do you have any idea how many people would have to be quiet about something like this? think about it.

EVERY government offical is taking a pay off.

1/2 of their assitants also.

1/4 of the janitors in the white house? what do they just shoot them and pay off the famlies?

sorry man I don't want to be a jerk but you posted your opinion and this is mine. There is no way any of that is true and its rediculous.

Do you have any idea how much money the government would make if the US owned compnay makes the first car that does not run on gas?

They would be sending thoes rice burners over here to have our engine put in them by the boat load man.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:10 PM
RamWood
Professional

I don't think it's a good idea to put that corrosive of a chemical in my gas tank. One or Two tanks probably won't hurt anything. but what about 100k miles? no thanks. until I get a letter from Dodge saying that it's ok I'll stick to taking in the tail pipe at the pump.

If another $200 a month puts you in poor house then you really didn't do a good job of budgeting your money when you bought a 3rd gen ram. nobody tricked you into thinking gas would not go up this summer! So people stop putting wierd stuff in your gas tank and telling dumber people that it works to save gas. Or we are going to have a car shortage also

Old 04-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

wow, and I thought the X files were just a tv show! [sm=lame.gif]

Old 04-24-2008, 11:41 PM
topcop38
Professional

i've never heard the story about the european truck but i'm sure if it is true then it was done for emmision purposes. our emmision standards are far higher than europes. i think everyone knows that a 'dirtier' engine will outperform a smog legal engine.

Quick Reply: Acetone increasing MPG ?