3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flat tire ....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:47 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Flat tire ....

Happens to every one, but I had a real P I the A expeirance with my latest flat tire.

I never use the factery jack, POS, and I allways carry 4x4 blocks.

My 06 2500 has AL. Rims and I was dismayed, I could not pull the tire off the rear hub ( yes, all 8 bolts were off ) The rim was crazy glued on, no matter how hard I pulled on the rim, it would not come off.

This was a first for me, but than I decided to lower the truck, with the 4x4 under the tire, I did tighten up three lugs, and prseto, you could hear the rim pop ( figure of speach ) jacked the truck back up, put on the spare and away I went..

The inside of my rim near the bolt patern is caked in rust, Wounder if this off the hub?

Old 04-27-2008, 03:50 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flat tire ....

well, when i got the flat, the hardest part for me was lowering the spare. lol. i couldnt figure out which end of the pole i use to connect to the wire holding the spare. hahaha.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:00 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flat tire ....

Me to, the dealer installed a anti theft gizmo and inclued the rod that atatched to the all the rods you have to assemble, but never told me when I picked up my truck.

And when your off road, knee deep in mud, assembeling this cantraption in the rain, it is real fun, but pratice makes perfect, Employed in Ress. Construction, I get flats all the time, If I did not need the 8 ft box, the spare would be in the box.

Quick Reply: Flat tire ....