3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mopar oil =who makes it? mopar oil filter who make it? Plugs can i run plaitum champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:36 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mopar oil =who makes it? mopar oil filter who make it? Plugs can i run plaitum champions

ORIGINAL: cyclone429

All 5.7 hemi's have 2 plugs per cy, 16 in total, the 5.9 has one plu per cy, for a total of 8, just be real glad you don't have to change plugs on a hemi 300/C, charger,
From what I've seen, changing the plugs in my "C" will be a walk in the park compared to the Ram. All sixteen are readily accessible. The back four on the Ram are kinda buried.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:43 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Default RE: mopar oil =who makes it? mopar oil filter who make it? Plugs can i run plaitum champions

ORIGINAL: 05ramhemi4x4

I called Dodge they said my Truck only has 8 cyclinders and 8 sparkplugs.. what year is your truck?

Bec the flex fuel 8- cut to 4 cyclinder started in 2006...
Is your truck a flex fuel?

I just popped the hood.. doesnt look that hard..

I saw coils what by side to the sparkplug or something in that naturl..

Yur saying theres plugs under the coils plus under the wires?
Man, you want to NEVER go to a dealer that knows so little about the product they sell!! That just amazes me that they don't even know how many plugs it has. Wonder how many people they ripped off, changing only eight plugs? Flex-fuel just means it'll run on moonshine . Are the new Hemis Flex-fuel? I can't remember if I've seen both badges on the same vehicle.

Changing the back four plugs is a bit of a challenge... wobble extensions and sparkplug sockets make it fairly easy.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:47 AM
05ramhemi4x4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you no what oil mopar oil is for sure.. To diffrent dealers say its valvoine and the other says its mobile 1...

Old 05-01-2008, 04:29 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

Probably not Mobil 1. Could be any of the name brands, and probably varies on who had the best deal at the time.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

I have been running Penzoil in everything I own since 1979 and have NEVER had an oil related problem, even in my race cars. The only oil I have ever seen with sludgeing problems has been the dino Quaker State.

Heres a pic so you will believe there are two plugs per cylinder...

Name:  SparkPlug003.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  46.1 KB

Old 05-06-2008, 10:25 AM
05ramhemi4x4

I called was on hold for 30mins with Valvoine tech..the guy said its same has mopar oil same asmmlty line but napa oil is diffrnet but valvoine

Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Why not just go get some quality Royal Purple, Amsoil, or Mobil 1 synthetic oil and put it in there? That way you know for sure what you are getting and no it's quality oil. I personally run Royal Purple in all of our cars, and the truck.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:08 PM
RamItOne

I dont know why I just read this thread. Thank god it was just over a page. Are you sure you bought the hemi??
Run your vin in carmax and see what it says. Maybe someone put up hemi badges on it.

Um a cooler engine will do nothing for hp, if anything the gas won't fire as strong as in a hotter engine.
Maybe if you put a jet 180 decal on your truck, yep that's where the hp comes from.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:04 PM
05ramhemi4x4

Im going to run Valvoine 5w20 same has mopar ... but cheaper

Old 05-09-2008, 11:27 PM
HarvinJeep

My dealer openly says they run Valvoine. Hemi's get 5w20 in there. You have your choice between Dino, Blend and Full Syn.

I would just run royal purple also, since I use it in my trail toys, but with the LifeTime powertrain I will let the dealer do them.im

Quick Reply: mopar oil =who makes it? mopar oil filter who make it? Plugs can i run plaitum champions